The Association of African Universities (AAU) is excited to announce the opening of the Third Call for Proposals for Micro-Projects – Phase II of the PRICNAC Grant. This initiative is part of the second phase of the grant and offers a great opportunity for interested parties to apply.
The objective of this latest call for projects is to identify a minimum of 10 micro-projects, each of which will receive funding ranging from a minimum of 150,000 euros (98,393,550 FCFA) to a maximum of 180,000 euros (118,072,260 FCFA). Detailed information and instructions can be found in the French Version of the call, which can be accessed through the following link: https://pricnac.org/3eme-appel-a-propositions-de-micro-projets-pricnac/.
- Sponsor(s): Association of African Universities (AAU)
- Host Institution(s): Association of African Universities (AAU)
- Grants: Fully funded
- Number of Awards: Multiple
- Study Level: Masters
- Nationality: African students
PRICNAC is among the twelve initiatives that receive funding from the ACP Innovation Fund of the OEACP Research and Innovation Programme, with generous financial backing from the European Union. The primary objective of PRICNAC is to foster an inclusive research and innovation (R&I) ecosystem in Central African countries, ultimately leading to sustainable development and poverty alleviation. Specifically, PRICNAC aims to achieve the following:
- Enhance access to sustainable solutions that are generated through R&I and tailored to local contexts.
- Expand the scope of activities conducted by the PRICNAC network, thereby amplifying its impact and reach.
To be eligible for the AAU Applications for the Third Call for Proposals for Micro-Projects – Phase II of the PRICNAC Grant, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Nationality: Applicants must be a citizen of one of the African Union Member States.
- Age Limit: Applicants should be under the age of 35 at the end date of this call.
- Educational Qualification: A Master’s Degree in science or engineering, a Diploma or Engineering Diploma, or an equivalent diploma (baccalaureate +5) is required.
- Research Experience: Candidates must demonstrate exceptional ability, dedication, and relevant experience in conducting research within the chosen field of study.
It is important to note that the PRICNAC initiative is being implemented in the following eight countries: Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, and Sao Tome and Principe. The implementation period for PRICNAC is set for four years, spanning from January 2021 to December 2024.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants seeking the AAU Applications for the Third Call for Proposals for Micro-Projects – Phase II of the PRICNAC Grant are advised of the following important information:
- Submission Process: Applications must be submitted exclusively online.
- Language Requirement: The proposal must be written in French.
- Contact Information: If applicants encounter any difficulties with the online application system, they should contact [email protected] for assistance.
- Required Documents: The application must include the following documents to be considered complete:
- Completed online application form.
- Official letter of application signed by the highest authority of the contracting entity.
- Legal document confirming the establishment and status of the contracting entity (which should have been in operation since at least 2018 in one of the eligible countries). Additionally, documents verifying the creation and status of associated entities established in one of the eligible countries should be provided.
- Proof of managing at least two grants for research and innovation projects, with each grant amounting to a minimum of 75,000 euros (49,196,775 FCFA) during the period of 2018-2021.
- Annual activity and financial reports for 2019, 2020, and 2021, demonstrating experience and accountability in the preparation and management of funded activities.
- Audit reports of the annual financial statements for 2019, 2020, and 2021, verifying the compliance, fairness, and accuracy of the accounts in accordance with the law.
- Project proposal document following the provided template.
- Logical framework matrix using the provided template.
- Detailed budget prepared according to the provided template.
- Framework Partnership Agreement signed by authorized representatives of the Contracting Entity and associated entities.
- Deadline: Applications must be submitted by 16 June 2023 at 23:59 GMT+1. Remember, submissions should be in French only.
- For additional information, interested individuals can visit the website: pricnac.org/Fr/
- The French Version of the call can be accessed at: https://pricnac.org/3eme-appel-a-propositions-de-micro-projets-pricnac/