The Graduate School of Frontier Sciences (GSFS) of the University of Tokyo is currently inviting applications from eligible candidates for the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) 2022-23. The scholarship is for postgraduate students applying to start their studies in selected divisions of the institution.
ADB-JSP, financed by the Government of Japan and organized by the Asian Development Bank, aims to provide opportunities to citizens of ADB’s developing member countries to pursue postgraduate studies have been designated by ADB to receive allocation with the ADB-JSP scholarship since 2000.
Field of Study:
- Natural Environmental Studies
- Ocean Technology, Policy, and Environment
- Environment Systems
- Human and Engineered Environmental Studies
- Socio-cultural Environmental Studies
Fully Funded Scholarship
Students from ADB’s developing member countries
Eligibility by ADB-JSP:
- If you are interested in the Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP), please check your eligibility first at the ADB-JSP website.
Eligibility by GSFS:
- Applicants for a master course must hold a bachelor degree from an accredited educational institution comparable to a bachelor degree offered at the University of Tokyo.
Note that Asian Development Bank – Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) provides their scholarships only for students pursuing a master degree.
To apply for the Japan Scholarship Program at University of Tokyo at any of the first six departments, below are the steps:
1: Search for a supervisor
2: Send a complete set of application materials described below (December)
3: University verifies qualifications of applicants (December to February)
4: Only successful candidates may apply for an ADB scholarship through GSFS (March)
5: Enroll in September and start their degree course in English.
To apply for the Graduate Program in Sustainability Science, please see GPSS-GLI website.
December 10, 2021 and January 7, 2022.