Regional Scholarship 2021-22 (Africa) :
If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee. If you are from any of the following countries, please check the academic requirements below to see if you could be eligible.
You will be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
- from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria) from any of the following countries:
- Hong Kong
- Sri Lanka
Scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
These scholarships will only be made available as a reduction on the tuition fee that is payable on registration at the University. If you intermit from your course, you may, with the
agreement of your department and at the discretion of the Director of Marketing and student Recruitment, be entitled to a pro-rata payment of the remainder of your award on your return to study.
These scholarships are restricted to applicants who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded. They are not available to applicants who are fully or partly sponsored;
• Applicants must be ordinarily resident in Africa (defined as a member state of the African Union);
• These scholarships may be awarded to applicants who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries, and who are ordinarily
resident in Africa;
• Graduates of the University of Essex are not eligible for this award;
• Applicants must have been awarded a first degree with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade;
• Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM, MFA and MRes degrees. The Essex MBA is excluded;
• Only one scholarship award can be made per applicant and the award cannot normally be held in conjunction with other University of Essex awards;
• This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study only;
• These scholarships do not apply to deferred entry. Where an applicant, to whom a scholarship has been offered, requests deferred entry, the award will be considered
again in line with the terms and conditions that apply in the new proposed year of entry.
• Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
Application Procedure and Documents:
These scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and all academic applications will automatically be considered;
The University will use official transcripts and certificates, submitted as part of the original application, as evidence of grades achieved and no alternative supporting
evidence will be accepted;
Applicants who have firmly accepted an offer of a place by 18 September 2021, and obtain a place on a course at Essex, will be considered for these scholarships.
- We’ll assess your eligibility based on the information that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
- If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.
- If you meet all the eligibility criteria and firmly accept the offer of your place by 18 September 2021 then you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You’ll be notified of your award when your place at Essex is confirmed or by end of October 2021.
18 September 2021