Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship:
Three Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarships have been established for African Students (African nationals and resident in Africa), who wish to undertake a taught masters course at SOAS. The Ferguson scholarship is awarded on the basis of academic merit.
Each Allan and Nesta Ferguson Scholarship covers tuition fees in full and provides a maintenance grant, the total value of the scholarship is £30,555.
African Nationals and Resident in Africa.
- Be nationals of and resident in an African country.
- Hold an undergraduate degree at the first class level.
- Hold an offer of admission to pursue one of the eligible programmes by the scholarship deadline. Applicants with unconditional offers, may be given Priority. If your offer is conditional, please ensure you meet the conditions as soon as possible.
- Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2021. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirement as soon as possible.
- Please note that most scholarships do not cover funding or even allow for Pre-sessions. Please check the wording of your scholarship offer carefully to see if you are eligible for a Pre-sessional course or whether you need to achieve SOAS direct entry scores by the deadline specified in your scholarship terms and conditions.
You must follow two steps:
STEP 1: Apply for your programme
You must submit a COMPLETE on-line application for admission
Applicants must have an offer of admission to pursue a full-time masters programme at SOAS by the scholarship application deadline. A complete application for admission includes transcripts, an explanation of the grading system for any degrees obtained outside of the UK, two references, CV and a personal statement. The panel will be considering your scholarship application TOGETHER with your on-line application for admission. Please note: complete applications for admission can take up to 4 weeks to be considered by the Department, although this duration can vary depending on the time of the year.
STEP 2: Apply for the scholarship by 15:00 (UK local time) on 30 April 2021.
You must apply for this scholarship via the on-line application form (link below) which is open from 15 February 2021.
30 April 2021