Are you graduating high school in 2022 and interested in pursuing computers in university? Then apply for the $30,000 CAD scholarship, plus the opportunity for a paid summer internship programming at Amazon.
The Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship is aimed at inspiring and educating students from underserved and underrepresented communities to pursue a future in computer science. The scholarship program provides students with an opportunity to upgrade their careers with a yearly scholarship for up to four years.
Participating Canadian Universities
Fields of Study:
Students entering into the following fields of study as part of a four year university degree are eligible for the scholarship:
- Computer Science, General
- Computer Engineering, General
- Computer Engineering Technology
- Computer Hardware Engineering
- Computer Software Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Game and Interactive Media Design
- Information Systems
- Information Technology
- Management Information Systems
- Systems Engineering
Entrance scholarships will be available at the bachelor level. These scholarships are valued at $7,500 CAD per academic year, available for up to four years.
For the Engineering Scholarship, interested applicants are to meet the following requirements:
- Graduating high school (outside of Quebec) or CEGEP (in Quebec) in 2022
- Entering in full time studies in a first bachelor starting fall 2022
- Pursuing a Computer Science related degree
- Employees and immediate family members of Amazon.com and its subsidiaries are not eligible to apply.
Scholarship recipients are selected on the basis of academic performance, experience with computer science, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, work experience, unusual personal or family circumstances, financial need, racial/ethnic/gender diversity.
Interested applicants for the Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship are to apply online through the Universities Canada Scholarship Partners program by the application deadline and provide all the necessary information.