The Lutheran World Federation is welcoming applications from suitably qualified candidates for LWF Scholarships in Theology for Developing Countries. The LWF seeks to ensure that candidates from different regions, countries and churches are being supported.
Scholarships in theology aim at preparing the next generation of leaders in the Lutheran communion. The annual call for scholarships in theology and diakonia opens on 1 August. The LWF informs the churches and LWF national committees of the decisions taken by the LWF Scholarship Committee in December.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): theology
Lutheran World Federation (LWF), Switzerland
Lutheran World Federation (LWF)
Scholarship Benefits and Details:
Bachelor degree, Masters & PhD in Theology.
Scholarship includes Diploma, Bachelor, Master and PhD programs in theology. The aim of theological scholarships is to strengthen churches’ theological identity and self-understanding, and through trained and qualified personnel to equip churches to carry out their holistic mission. Scholarships in theology aim at preparing the next generation of leaders in the Lutheran communion.
Each LWF member church is eligible to apply for 7 scholarships – 5 regular and 2 short-term scholarships. Applications can be for individual or group scholarships and include studies in theology and/or diakonia. Kindly read the Scholarship Implementing Guidelines before submitting your application.
For LWF Scholarships for Developing Countries, applicants should meet the following conditions:
- Applicants from developing countries are eligible.
- Church affiliation of the candidate: Only applications from active members of LWF member churches are considered. No applications submitted by individuals will be considered.
- Nationality of the candidate: Only candidates from developing countries are eligible for scholarships in fields of diakonia/development. The theological scholarships are open to candidates from all regions and countries.
- Age limits: The following age limits are in place, depending on the pursued degree and with certain exceptions, particularly for female applicants:
- Bachelor degrees – 35 years
- Masters degrees – 40
- Doctorate – 45
- Post-doctoral/Research – 50
Each candidate is responsible for filling out the online application form and submitting the application with the required documents. All applications should get endorsed by the church (head office) of the candidate.
The official Church endorsement letter uploaded onto the review form of the LWF online application.