Applications currently open for suitable qualified international students, who wish to commence a program at Griffith University and other Australian institutions are encouraged to submit their application prior to completion of their current degree as conditional offers can be issued.
The Australian Government Research Training Program Stipend Scholarship provides a living allowance of AUD $28,854 (2022 rate, indexed annually) per annum; paid as a fortnightly stipend. Relocation, sick leave and parental leave provisions also apply.
Griffith University, Australia
Scholarship Benefits and Details:
Living allowance of AUD $28,854.
Applications for Griffith scholarships and Australian Government Research Training scholarships are considered through a competitive, merit-based selection process, with scholarships awarded throughout the year.
PhD and research degree scholarships can cover tuition fees, overseas student health cover, living allowances paid as stipends and relocation allowances.
For Australian Government Research Training Program, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- International students
- Commencing or enrolled in a Higher Degree by Research program (for which RTP support is available) at Griffith University.
- Not receiving income from another source to support their general living costs that provides a benefit greater than 75% of the RTP stipend.
- Income unrelated to the candidate’s research program, or income received for the candidate’s research program but not for the purposes of supporting general living costs, is not to be taken into account.
For Australian Government Research Training Program, applicants should follow these steps:
- Choose your research program
- Search our scholarships
- Choose a research topic
- Find and connect with a research supervisor
- Gather required documents
- Apply online
You can apply for a scholarship at any time through the Continuous Scholarship Round, and if you are successful with your application, you can commence at the next available intake.