The Australian Government RTP Scholarships at Flinders University is now open for application for 2022. Flinders University is collaborating with the Australian Government to award the Research Training Program (AGRTPS) Scholarships which are specifically intended to support international students to undertake a Higher Degree by research in Australia.
The AGRTPS includes an international tuition fee offset, a living stipend and Overseas Health Care cover. The scholarship is tenable for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. Successful applicants are required to undertake full time study and must be commencing a higher degree by research in Australia for the first time.
Flinders University, Australia
Masters & PhD
Full scholarship and living stipend of $28,854 (2022 rate).
The AGRTPS awarded to candidates who demonstrate outstanding aptitude for independent research. AGRTPS are considered on the basis of academic merit, academic research training and research indicators and performance. A limited number (up to 5) of AGRTPS are available each year and the scholarship round is highly competitive.
- from any nationality are eligible to apply for the Australian Government RTP Scholarships at Flinders University.
- must satisfy the University’s academic entry requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- required to have successfully completed a degree at least the equivalent/comparable to an Australian First Class Hons degree(this is a four year degree with a major research project in the final year)
- must have met the English proficiency levels set by Flinders University for international students at the time of application. Students for whom English is a foreign language will need to provide evidence of their English language competence.
- must not hold an equivalent Higher Degree by research qualification. Applications are only open to students commencing a Higher Degree by research in Australia for the first time.
- should not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status or New Zealand citizenship. Please see the attached conditions of award for full eligibility criteria.
- to commence a full-time Higher Degree by research.
Interested applicants who wish to apply for an AGRTPS and FIPRS, you will need to first submit an application for admission to a Higher Degree by research (PhD or Master of Arts by research) and submit your application for the international scholarships via the Student Information System as advised at the official webpage:
- If you already have a valid offer for admission to a Higher Degree by Research, you not need to apply for admission again.
- After completing your admission application, you will receive a welcome email to your nominated email address and will contain your FAN.
- Applicants can get their FAN and activate it at https://activate.flinders.edu.au/main. You need a FAN to log into the student system to lodge your application for scholarship.