Bahamas and Caribbean Scholarships:
Bahamas and Caribbean Scholarships is now offers by Thompson Rivers University. The scholarship is open for students for the academic year 2021-2022.
International students who belong to the Bahamas, Jamaica, or the Caribbean can apply for this scholarship to gain financial support towards undergraduate degree in Canada. The students should have outstanding academic record to win the scholarship of $7,500.
Thompson Rivers University is one of best public teaching and research university which ranked at the 49th position nationwide. It was established in 1970 with high-quality and best education, training, research, and scholarship. Thompson Rivers University has made the students’ success and satisfaction its utmost priority.
$7500 to utilize towards the cost of the applied undergraduate programme.
(Bahamas, Jamaica, or the Caribbean)
- Students from the Bahamas, Jamaica, and the Caribbean countries are eligible to apply.
- Any undergraduate program at the Faculty of Adventure, Culinary Arts and Tourism, or the School of Business and Economics of TRU can be applied for.
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- The applicants must have a strong academic record and recommendation.
- The students need to register themselves on EducationPlannerBC and apply to any desired UG program. The students need not apply separately for the opportunity . Winners will be considered on the basis of the admission application.
- The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Degree certificate
- Letter of intent
- Proof of official name change, if applicable
- The applicants need a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- The students must submit scores of the following English language proficiency tests:
- IELTS –6.5
- IBT – 88
- TOEFL PBT – 570
- TOEFL CBT – 230
- MELAB – 81
- Duolingo – 110
- CANTest – 4.5 or above
- CAEL – 70 or higher
Last date of the scholarship is 1st October 2021