The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social and research-based growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to:
- attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, both nationally and internationally
- develop their leadership potential
- position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow.
About the Fellowship:
The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) is the administering agency of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships (PDF) program and is responsible for the payment of awards in accordance with the policies and regulations outlined in the Tri-Agency Research Training Award Holder’s Guide.
PostDoctoral (PhD) Level candidates.
Field of Study:
- Health research,
- Natural sciences and/or engineering,
- Social sciences and/or humanities.
- Canadian citizens
- Permanent residents of Canada
- Foreign citizens
To be considered for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada 2020, applicants are to meet the following criteria:
- Applicants can be citizens of Canada or any other country across the world who is passionate about training as a postdoctoral candidate in Canada.
- Applicants must have obtained relevant bachelor and master’s degree from a recognized university across the world.
- Applicants must have prior knowledge about research with proven track record attested to by a scholarly publication.
- Applicants should be proficient in the use of English language and must also demonstrate strong leadership ability.
- Applicants must be willing to abide by the regulations governing the conducts of fellows at the host universities.
Applying Procedure Instructions:
Applicants are to begin the application by seeking endorsement from the host institution, prepare and submit application as different host institutions may have internal deadlines. Applicants are to ensure that they attach relevant supporting documents to their application and submit same before the application deadline.