Applications are currently being accepted for the prestigious and competitive Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships Program in Canada. This program welcomes exceptional postdoctoral candidates who have demonstrated outstanding academic and research achievements. The Banting fellowship in Canada offers funding opportunities to both domestic and international students from around the globe.
The primary aim of the Banting Program is to attract and retain top-notch postdoctoral talent, fostering their leadership abilities and preparing them to become future research pioneers. The Vanier Banting fellowship program awards 70 fellowships annually, which are evenly distributed across Canada’s three institutes: the Natural Sciences & Engineering Research Council (NSERC), the Canadian Institute of Health Research (CIHR), and the Social Sciences & Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
The Banting postdoctoral fellowships, available for both national and international students, provide comprehensive financial support, offering recipients $70,000 per year for a duration of two years. Banting scholars are expected to make significant contributions to the country’s economic, social, and research advancements during the 2023-24 period.
- Fellowship Host Country: Canada
- Offered By: Government of Canada
- Number of Fellowships: 70 fellowships per year
- Program Duration: 2 years
- Eligibility: Open to both national and international applicants
- Financial support: The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships provide $70,000 per year for two years, offering substantial funding for postdoctoral researchers to cover research expenses, travel, and living costs.
- Flexibility: Banting Fellows have the freedom to conduct their research at any Canadian university or research institution of their choice. This enables them to collaborate with leading researchers and access state-of-the-art facilities and resources.
- Career development: The Banting Fellowships offer a unique platform for postdoctoral researchers to advance their careers by working on innovative research projects and acquiring new skills. The program creates a supportive environment for publishing research papers, collaborating with other researchers, and establishing an independent research program.
- Networking opportunities: Banting Fellows have the chance to connect with fellow postdoctoral researchers from diverse fields and backgrounds. This provides valuable networking opportunities, fostering collaboration and facilitating the development of lasting professional relationships.
- Recognition: The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are highly competitive, and receiving the award is a noteworthy achievement. Being granted the fellowship brings recognition and prestige, which can be advantageous for future career prospects.
- Degree Requirement: Candidates must hold a PhD or the equivalent of a health professional degree.
- International Applicants: Non-Canadian citizens or permanent residents can only hold the Banting Fellowship if they choose to conduct their research at Canadian institutes.
- Nomination Requirement: Eligible candidates must be nominated by their host institutions to be considered for the Banting Fellowship.
- Additional Requirements: Candidates must meet all other criteria and fulfill the necessary requirements for the Banting Fellowships.
The deadline for submitting applications for the 2024 Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada is September 20, 2023, at 20:00 EDT.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship, please follow these steps:
- Create a Research Net account and submit your application through the platform.
- Before starting your application, carefully read the Selection Committee Guide for valuable instructions and guidance.
- Begin your application by identifying your area of research and the participants involved.
- Complete the necessary forms to demonstrate fulfillment of degree requirements.
- Identify suitable referees who can provide letters of recommendation on your behalf.
- Provide accurate and detailed information regarding your academic degrees.
- Prepare and submit your research proposal along with any supporting documents required.
- Include an institutional letter of endorsement to validate your application.
- Obtain a supervisor’s statement affirming their support and involvement in your research.
By following these steps, you can successfully apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship in Canada.