Applications are open for students to apply for a postgraduate scholarship position in a UK or South African university supported by the Beit Trust.
The Beit Trust is a collaboration between eight UK universities and three South African University to sponsor individuals with the passion to pursue a degree program. The partnership between the universities helps share cost thereby increasing the number of scholarships that can be funded by the Beit Trust.
The Beit Trust
Institutions in UK or South Africa
Scholarship Benefits and Details:
- Fees, tuition costs and related academic expenses.
- A personal allowance, index-linked in accordance from an independent authority, covering maintenance support.
- Other allowances are paid for arrival, a laptop and departure.
- Economy class tickets to the place of study and on final return.
- Trust will also address any expenses that may arise in 2023/24 as a result of residual Covid protocols
- Applicants must be students from Zambia, Zimbabwe and Malawi, resident in and also intend to return to those countries on completion of studies.
- Applicants should apply for a one-year taught master’s programme in UK university and two-year taught master’s programme in South African university.
- Applicants (except medical and veterinary doctors) must be under 30 years of age on 31 December 2022.
- Doctors and Vets must be under 35 years of age on 31 December 2022.
Interested applicants for the Beit Trust Postgraduate Scholarship 2023/24 are to apply by following the procedures as outlined:
- Apply to any of the partner university in the UK and South Africa and offered admission to study a postgraduate course.
- Notify the partner university that he/she approaching the Beit Trust for scholarship funding and should also indicate the work experience.
- Notify the Trust once application submitted to the partner university and also tell the trust which course is being applied for.
- Confirm their nationality to the Trust; Zambians are to send their application form for confirmation to [email protected]
- Applicants from Zimbabwe and Malawi are to send theirs to [email protected].
- Applications, with all the supporting documents uploaded online via the scholarship application link before the application deadline.