Bilateral Scholarships 2021/2022:
The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic offers bilateral scholarship to foreign nationals for the academic year 2021/2022, based on bilateral agreements (between the governments/ministries).
The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic
The amount of monthly scholarship for academic year 2020/2021, if not specified otherwise in bilateral agreement:
- For students (bachelor/master level): 280 € per month.
- For PhD students: 330 € per month.
- For university teachers or researchers: 550 € per month.
Belarus, Belgium-French Community/ Walloon region, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Israel, Kazakhstan, Macedonia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Serbia, Ukraine.
- Scholarships are awarded to applicants nominated by the competent authorities of eligible countries. National authorities are either education ministries or/and respective agencies designated by the ministries in the home country. Applications sent by individual applicants directly to the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic will not be processed.
- The scholarship is usually designed for study stays of students (bachelor/master level) and/or or research stays of PhD students.
- The scholarship cannot be awarded for a complete course of study leading to a degree (unless stated otherwise in the agreement).
- The length of scholarship (usually ranges from 3 to 10 months), the categories of eligible recipients (students on bachelor/master level/researchers/ teachers /PhD students) depends upon the agreement concerned.
Application Procedure Instructions:
Application form is attached to this call and can be downloaded from
Printed and signed version of this application form is still essential. Please, print filled in form, sign it and send 1 original and 1 copy together with all the supporting documentation requested in the application form to your national authority.
The competent authorities of eligible countries are responsible for the selection process of nominees. The nomination letter (including the list of nominees) must be delivered to the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic at the latest on 1 April 2021.
Postal address: Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic, Stromová 1, 813 30 Bratislava, Slovak Republic.
The nominating authority will be informed about the final decision of the Ministry by 30 June 2021.
The Ministry reserves the right to make a final decision on applications.