CERN, the world’s renowned and largest physics laboratory, is offering fully-funded internship programs to international students to gain practical experience and advanced knowledge in their relevant fields, including translations, human resource management, business administration, law, logistics and finance, communications, library sciences, public relations, physiology, and other related fields.
Undergraduate and master’s degree students from all over the world can apply for this international internship program and spend 2 to 12 months working with top physicists, researchers, and engineers at CERN. This will not only help them excel in their respective fields but also enhance their teamwork and administrative skills. In addition, interns will receive a monthly stipend, travel allowance, and medical insurance. This program is an excellent addition to the interns’ CV and will boost their confidence, improving the skills required to stand out in their future careers.
Apart from the CERN Administrative Student Program, CERN offers other similar programs, including the CERN short-term paid internship program. Eligible students must be enrolled full-time in an undergraduate or postgraduate degree program. It is crucial to read the article thoroughly to ensure that no important detail is missed.
The CERN internship in Europe is an extraordinary opportunity for highly motivated and enthusiastic students to participate in an international project with potential global impact. This internship is not only valuable for gaining practical experience and knowledge, but it also has the potential to enhance students’ personalities and groom their overall professional development. Additionally, the international exposure gained through this program could lead to a variety of other international opportunities. Therefore, it is important to read this article thoroughly as it provides detailed information about the eligibility criteria, requirements, and benefits of the program. It is recommended to read the article to the end to ensure that no important points are missed.
Area of Internship:
- Human Resources
- Advanced Secretarial work
- Business administration
- Library and information science
- Engineering department
- Science communications
- Engineering Management
- Communications and public relations
The eligibility criteria for the CERN Administrative Student Program are as follows:
- Applicants must be nationals of CERN Member or CERN Associates Member States.
- They must have completed at least 18 months of their bachelor’s or master’s degree studies.
- They must specialize in administrative areas at the time of the internship.
- Applicants must be able to stay for a minimum of two months or a maximum of 12 months.
- Students must remain registered in a full-time program even after completing their internship.
- Applicants must be proficient in English or French language.
- Students studying STEM/Engineering related fields are not eligible for the CERN Administrative Student Program.
The benefits of the CERN Administrative Student Program include:
- An internship contract for 2 to 12 months and an opportunity to live in Europe.
- A monthly allowance of 3407 francs provided by CERN.
- A travel allowance for international students also provided by CERN.
- A supplementary grant if the intern is married or has children.
- Medical assurance coverage provided by CERN.
- Paid 2.5 leaves monthly provided by the host organization.
- A good opportunity to gain professional experience and exposure to international institutions.
- The chance to build your network and get mentorship from experts and professionals in relevant fields.
To apply for the CERN Administrative Student Program, students need to provide the following documents:
- A CV.
- A motivation letter.
- A copy of recent academic transcript to represent academic work.
- A reference letter from a university professor.
- A second reference letter from a previous internship if the student has done any prior internship.
- A reference letter submitted by the applicants with the application or by the referee on their own via the received application link.
- The CERN Administrative Student Program can be applied for through the official website’s online application.
- Click on the “I’m interested” option to start the application process.
- Applicants can sign in through LinkedIn, smart-profile, or Indeed, or they can upload their CV/Resume in the resume box.
- It is crucial to provide accurate information while filling out the application form.
- A motivational message that demonstrates the applicant’s dedication and commitment to the CERN administrative student program is required.
- If applying for more than one internship, each application must be completed separately.
- This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that should not be missed, so be sure to apply before the deadline expires.
The deadline for the CERN administrative student program is July 31st, 2023, at noon CET (Central European Time).