Destination Australia Scholarship:
The Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment is offering Destination Australia scholarships. The aim of the Destination Australia Program is to attract and support international and domestic students to study in regional Australia and receive a high-quality learning experience.
This scholarship is subject to the provisions of James Cook University’s Coursework Scholarships, Bursaries and Grants Policy.
Academic merit (applicable for Master’s applicants only)
$15,000 per year. Scholarship payments will be made in 2 equal installments, after census date of Study Period 1 (25 March 2021) and Study Period 2 (26 August 2021).
The Destination Australia scholarships for international students will be open to competition among candidates who:
- Are an international student studying on a valid student visa; and
- Commencing student in 2021 enrolled full time in any course of two or three year duration.
- Maintained a full time enrolment in the course for which the scholarship was awarded.
- Maintained a course GPA of 4.0 or above for ongoing payments to be made.
- Fails to meet this requirement of ongoing eligibility, evidence of special circumstances contributing to the reduced GPA must be provided to the Selection Committee for consideration.
Applying procedure Instructions:
Applications must submit the official online application form and received no later than the advertised close date. Applicants to submit following with the application form:
Written statement of no more than 600 words outlining:
- Why you have chosen to study at JCU and in a regional community;
- How you plan to contribute to the local community during your studies at JCU; and
- Why JCU should choose you to receive the Destination Australia Scholarship. Please include examples (and attach evidence) of how have contributed to your local community.
The applicant authorizes the Selection Committee to make such enquiries as to the applicant’s good character and suitability to receive the scholarship, which includes authorization for the Selection Committee to examine the applicant’s academic record, and seek opinions from relevant members of the academic staff of this University or any other academic institution.
February 05, 2021