The World Enterprising Futures Scholarship 2023 is a collaborative effort between the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), One Young World, and their youth entrepreneurship initiative. It aims to offer young leaders and entrepreneurs from various countries an opportunity to attend the annual One Young World Summit.
To support education and youth employment, the MFA and their youth entrepreneurship initiative, Orange Corners, are dedicated to investing in these areas. Their goal is to enhance the prospects of young individuals, especially those in developing countries and fragile states. By closing the mismatch between the skills young people acquire and the demands of the labor market, they strive to create better opportunities for the youth.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Host Institution(s): One Young World Academy
- Scholarship Worth: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Bachelor, Masters & PhD
- Nationality: African Students
The upcoming One Young World Summit 2023 will bring together over 2,000 young leaders representing 190+ countries in Belfast. This global forum provides a platform for delegates to address and discuss solutions to the most urgent challenges of our time, alongside esteemed senior leaders. For young entrepreneurs, it presents an unparalleled opportunity to actively participate, expand on successful initiatives, and establish connections with fellow change-makers from around the globe.
This year, the initiative has been renamed as the Enterprising Futures Scholarship, with the following key objectives:
- Empower young leaders to generate sustainable job opportunities in specific regions.
- Harness the potential of young people on a broad scale to foster job creation and emphasize their capacity to contribute to prosperous societies.
- Increase awareness about youth unemployment and facilitate the sharing of best practices on this important subject.
To be eligible for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs One Young World Youth Entrepreneurship Initiative, applicants must fulfill the following criteria:
- Age: Applicants must be between 18 and 34 years old at the time of the One Young World 2023 Summit in October.
- Engagement in Youth Employment and Job Creation: Candidates should be actively involved in the fields of youth employment and job creation, either as entrepreneurs or in a similar capacity. They must be able to demonstrate their engagement in this area.
- Nationality and Residence: Applicants must be nationals of and residents in one of the following countries: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq (including the Kurdistan region of Iraq), Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Mozambique, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Tunisia, or Uganda. It is important to note that candidates with refugee status are eligible.
- English Proficiency: All candidates must have a working understanding of the English language, as both the One Young World Summit and the Enterprising Futures pre- and post-programmes will be conducted in English.
- Availability: Candidates must be available to fully participate in the programme from 1 to 6 October 2023, as well as the pre- and post-programme dates.
Applicants who are selected for the One Young World Enterprising Futures Scholarship will receive the following benefits:
- Access to additional events organized by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Orange Corners.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2023, which will be held from 2-5 October in Belfast, United Kingdom.
- Hotel accommodation during the Summit dates.
- One night of hotel accommodation (if needed) for the visa application process.
- Additional night of hotel accommodation prior to the Summit (if required).
- Coverage of travel expenses to and from the Summit host city (economy flights).
- Domestic travel costs to reach the airport for the international flight (economy flight).
- Travel expenses related to the visa application process (if necessary).
- Visa costs, including visa fees and required travel for the visa appointment.
- Catering, which includes breakfast at the hotel accommodation, as well as lunch and dinner during the Summit.
- Transportation between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Lifetime membership to the One Young World community.
How to Apply:
To be eligible for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs One Young World Enterprising Futures Scholarship 2023, applicants are required to submit their application online through the designated program platform.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs places high importance on creating an inclusive and diverse environment. They strongly encourage all eligible young entrepreneurs, regardless of their race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion, or educational background, to apply for the scholarship.