The Rotary Club Vlissingen/Flushing is offering the Rotary Scholarship for Water Management, Civil Engineering, and River Delta Development 2023 to international students interested in pursuing a Masters degree in Civil Engineering, Water Management, or Development Management at HZ University of Applied Sciences. This scholarship aims to support students who are dedicated to resolving water-related issues in their home country and offers a €2,000 award.
HZ University of Applied Sciences
HZ Univ. of Applied Sciences NL offers practical degrees in business, engineering, healthcare, education, art & design. Assistance with visas and accommodation available.
The Rotary Scholarship for Water Management, Civil Engineering, and River Delta Development 2023 is specifically intended for those pursuing a Masters degree program at HZ University of Applied Sciences. Under this scholarship program, students can study the following subjects:
- Civil Engineering
- Water Management
- Development Management
The scholarship provides partial funding up to €2,000 and is open to international students.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- be international (free moving) students;
- have already been (conditionally) accepted to one of the relevant programs;
- indicate why this scholarship would be of great financial support AND how the costs for the duration of the whole academic programme will be covered;
- express their wish, after successfully finishing the programme, to contribute to solving water-related challenges in their home country;
- subscribe to show interest in the UN Sustainable Development Goals;
- be required twice during the year to appear at a Rotary Club Vlissingen meeting and share their progress in life and studies;
- write and hand in an original essay, in which the points indicated above are made clear.
To apply for the scholarship, students should send an email to [email protected] before May 1st of their starting year. In the email, the student should indicate that they meet the above criteria and provide a copy of their CV. An internal HZ committee will be appointed to review the applications, consisting of a colleague from one of the three programs (for which the applicant is NOT applying), a member of the HZ International Office, and the relations manager.
The deadline for application submission is 30th April 2023.