PhD by Research Scholarship ECU School of Nursing and Midwifery:
This PhD scholarship aims to improve care and patient outcomes in an acute care setting. It sits within the ECU Centre for Research in Aged Care and aligns with Australian Commission on Safety and Quality Health Service (ACSQHC) Preventing and Controlling Healthcare-Associated Infection and the Comprehensive Care Standard. The areas of focus are vascular access, pressure injury and indwelling urinary catheters. Other topics involving improving patient outcomes in an acute care setting will be considered. The student will also have opportunity to contribute to other projects within the broader context of this program of research.
PhD by Research
Depending on the student’s background and preference, the PhD project will be in one of the following areas:
- Vascular access.
- Peripheral vascular access.
- Hemodialysis vascular access.
- Indwelling urinary catheter management.
- Prevention of pressure injury.
Other topics related to improving patient outcomes in an acute care setting may be considered.
Domestic and International Students.
- Completion of a Master by Research or a Master by Coursework plus research publications.
- Desirable skills: Experience with statistical analysis and related software (e.g., Stata, SAS, R, SPSS).
- Acute care experience is desirable.
- On campus is the preferred option, however, for international students given COVID-19 travel restrictions and border closures, study will be undertaken. remotely until restrictions ease and applicant can undertake study in Perth, Western Australia. Please refer to the HDR Scholarship Conditions.
Application is made via the ECU Online Scholarship Application Portal. Access to the portal is available between application opening and closing dates.
30 June 2021