The University of Edinburgh in Scotland, UK, offers the esteemed Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarship to outstanding international undergraduate students interested in studying mathematics. This program provides financial aid covering the full tuition fees and a maintenance allowance of £5,000 per year for the entire duration of the program. The scholarship’s primary goal is to motivate talented students to pursue higher education in mathematics and contribute to the global research community. The application process typically opens in early October and closes in late April, with winners announced in June.
Studying at the University of Edinburgh as an international student is a wonderful opportunity. The institution is one of the most established and reputable in the UK, providing an extensive array of high-quality academic programs, including mathematics. International students will benefit from a diverse and multicultural community of students from over 150 countries.
International students receive excellent support services at the university, including a specialized International Office that can assist with practical matters such as visa applications and accommodation. The university also offers various social and cultural activities for international students, fostering integration into the student community and a chance to experience the local culture.
The Edinburgh Global Undergraduate Mathematics Scholarship is currently open for applications in the UK. This scholarship is available for international Students interested in pursuing a Bachelor’s degree at the University.
The following subject is available to study under this scholarship program.
The scholarships available are worth £5,000 and can be used throughout the entire program of study, provided that the student is making satisfactory academic progress. To qualify as making satisfactory progress, the school must make a formal decision of “Progress” or “Conditional Progression” each year without requiring the student to repeat a year. If the student fails to make satisfactory progress in any given year, the scholarship will end from that point onwards.
International Students can apply for this scholarship.
- Scholarships are available for international fee status students who have been accepted for full-time admission to an undergraduate degree program in the School of Mathematics at the University.
- The scholarship is not open to students who are already enrolled in the program or those studying Mathematics as part of a degree program offered by another School at the University.
- Applicants must have applied to the University of Edinburgh through the University and College Admissions Service (UCAS) to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Applicants do not need to have received an offer before applying for the scholarship, but they must have completed their application for admission to the University.
- To access the scholarship application system, applicants must have already applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh.
- After submitting the admission application, it may take up to five working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
Applicants must apply to the University of Edinburgh to access the scholarship application system. All system checks may take up to five working days after submitting the admission application.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web-based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
The scholarship deadline is 27th April 2023.