The project will include the synthesis, characterization and testing of photocatalysts that break novel water to produce hydrogen and oxygen in a photo-electro chemical reactor of the Z-scheme. In the Department of Chemistry, the recipient will collaborate with many world-leading academics, recently rated by the Australian Research Council as “way above international expectations.”
About the University:
By every measure, the University of Adelaide—a member of Australia’s prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities—stands tall among the world’s leading institutions of learning and innovation.
The clearest indication of this is the consistently high rating by the most respected international assessment bodies: QS World University Rankings, Times Higher Education and Shanghai Jiao Tong’s Academic Rankings of World Universities (ARWU). All consider this one of the top 1% of universities worldwide and the top university in the state.
Field of Study:
Engineering or Science with a background in physical and materials chemistry, catalysis, or related areas.
- Australian Citizens
- Australian Permanent Residents
- New Zealand Citizens
- Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holders
- International Students
- Open to Australian citizens, permanent residents of Australia and international students who are able to meet the University’s admission conditions and who are acceptable as candidates for a PhD Research degree at the University of Adelaide.
- Honours or Masters postgraduate degree with H1 or equivalent GPA.
- Demonstrated research experience.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated organization skills, time management and ability to work to priorities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Application for Admission must be submitted using the Online Application Form available at: https://www.adelaide.edu.au/graduatecentre/future-students/how-to-apply
Please email a summary of your application for admission to the School of Physical Sciences, [email protected] with “Application for CRC funded PhD Scholarship” in the subject heading. You can request a copy of your application summary by emailing [email protected] with the subject heading ‘Request for application summary’.