The English Language Scholarship is awarded to students from eligible countries who wish to study an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree. Students may be awarded a scholarship of 50% of their tuition fees for Academic English (packaged), taken from the Macquarie University English Language Centre for up to 10 weeks. Scholarships are limited so we encourage you to apply and accept early to avoid disappointment.
Uniquely located in the heart of Australia’s largest high-tech precinct, Macquarie brings together 40,000 students and 2000 staff in one thriving hub of discovery. The campus spans 126 hectares, with open green space that gives the community the freedom to think and grow.
More than AU$1 billion has recently been invested in facilities and infrastructure so the students and staff can thrive in an environment that is inspiring and switched on to the latest digital technologies. With more than 300 leading companies located on or around the Macquarie campus, students are able to tap into industry connections that give them an edge in their future careers, while the staff has access to outstanding research and innovation opportunities with some of the world’s leading organizations.
While only 50 years young, Macquarie has risen to be a progressive and influential institution both locally and internationally. Ranked among the top two percent of universities in the world and with a 5-star QS rating, Macquarie is considered one of the world’s best universities, producing graduates that are among the most sought-after professionals in the world.
With a strong tradition of innovation and exploration, we continue to break new ground, ranking among the top 100 institutions in the world for accounting and finance; communication, cultural and media; Earth and marine sciences; education; English language and literature; geography; law; linguistics and psychology.
The scholarship is available for Post-Graduate, Masters and Undergraduate Students.
Field of Study:
- English Language
Citizens of Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam or a country in Latin America.
- Be a citizen of Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, South Korea, Thailand, Vietnam or a country in Latin America.
- Receive a packaged offer of English Language and Coursework Degree with English program commencing in one of the intakes between January 2020 and November 2021.
- Accept your Admission Offer by the deadline specified on your Offer letter.
- Enroll and begin your course as per your Letter of Offer. Commencement may not be deferred.
- Maintain your enrolment throughout your course in a full‐time study load which is 8 standard units per academic year.
- Meet the University’s Academic progression policy.
- This scholarship is for on-campus study only.
- You are not eligible if you are a citizen of Australia or New Zealand, or hold permanent residency of Australia.
- If you withdraw from your program before completion, you may be required to repay any scholarship previously awarded to you during your study period at Macquarie University based on the outcome as decided by the scholarships and grants committee.
You do not need to apply for this scholarship.
You will be assessed for the scholarship when you apply for an eligible program to study with us. Applicants who meet the criteria will be automatically advised of their eligibility in their Macquarie University course offer letter.