The University of Queensland is welcoming applications from eligible students for their Bioengineering and Nanotechnology Entrepreneurial PhD Top-up Scholarship designated for international students at the University.
This is an Australian Institute for Bioengineering and Nanotechnology (AIBN) Entrepreneurial PhD top-up scholarship to support outstanding students with a view to support their career development and industry readiness.
University of Queensland, Australia
Bioengineering and Nanotechnology Programs
Scholarship is worth $10,000 per annum for up to 4 years
Applicants for the University of Queensland Entrepreneurial Scholar PhD Top-up Scholarship 2021 must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- International students.
- Have completed some research experience
- Have completed an approved university degree and
- Can meet the English language requirements.
- Master of Philosophy (or another research master’s degree); or
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with at least honours class IIA or equivalent; or
- Coursework master’s degree with an overall grade point average of 5.65 on the 7-point UQ scale which includes relevant research experience, approved by the dean; or
- Postgraduate degree (at least one year full-time or equivalent) with an overall grade point average of 5 on the 7-point UQ scale, together with demonstrated research experience equivalent to honours class IIA will be considered on a case-by-case basis; or
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least 2 years of relevant research experience, including research publications.
To be considered for this top-up scholarship please upload a motivation statement to your PhD application (no more than 1 page), outlining why you would like to participate and up skill in Entrepreneurialism.
- Applications will be judged on a competitive basis taking into account the applicant’s previous academic record, publication record, honors and awards, and employment history.
- Students will need to provide a motivation statement as to why they would like to participate and upskill in Entrepreneurialism and develop their career opportunities through linking with industry early and throughout their PhD.