Utrecht University Netherlands Scholarship:
The Utrecht University Netherlands is offering Excellence Scholarship for International Students for Masters degree. As the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your studies and stay completely.
The Utrecht University, Netherlands
All Subjects offered by The Utrecht University Netherlands.
Scholarship Award and Benefits:
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
Tuition fees or tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses.
International Students are eligible for Excellence Scholarship at The Utrecht University Netherlands.
To begin with, the following criteria must be met;
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor degree outside the Netherlands
- Have applied for an international master’s programme with a start date of 1 September, 2021
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
Moreover, candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
- The academic quality and results of preceding qualifications, as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation;
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Applying procedure Instructions:
After submitting an application for the Master’s programme, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from 1 November.
You will need to upload the following document:
Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class:
an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
Please note that students starting their programme in February are not eligible for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships.
- Submit an application for a Master’s programme; if you do not do this first, your UES application will simply be deleted.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, you can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click ‘on the link ‘New application’.
- Answer the UES questions and upload the requested document(s).
- Submit your application.
You will not be informed whether you have been awarded the scholarship prior to the scholarship deadline and not before you have been (un)conditionally admitted to the programme.