Applications are invited from qualified international students to apply for a scholarship position at Utrecht University, Netherlands. The Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for international students is to be awarded to students who are willing to take up Postgraduate studies at the university.
The scholarship in Netherlands award is for the duration of the degree programme, which is one or two years depending on the course programme of study. The scholarship can only be renewed for the second year if the student shows satisfactory academic performance and progress towards the degree.
Partial Funding – Tuition fees, 11,000 euro living expenses
International Students except EU/EEA
- Belong to the top 10% of their graduating class. This in the form of a statement signed and stamped by your university, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate or any other document that proves that you are among the top 10% of your graduating class.
- Have completed a secondary school and a bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- Have applied for an international master’s programme starting from 1st September, 2020.
- Visit the official webpage to ensure that their course of study qualifies for the scholarship.
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
- Applicants selected based on academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study.
- Applicants will also selected based on the quality of their academic results preceding the study as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, a writing sample, letters of recommendation.
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the master’s programme used as a criteria for selection.
- The quality of the application for the Master’s programme (completeness, accuracy, consistency) considered.
Eligible applicants for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships Programme are to submit an application (or applications) for an UES eligible Master’s programme, before the determined deadline, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship starting from 1 November 2021.
Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class which evidenced by an official document, that proves that you are among the top 10% of your class. Such documents as a statement signed and stamped by your institution, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
Apply Now | Website
31st January, 2022