Hungarian Government Masters Scholarship:
The program aims to train professionals in agricultural water management, with a special focus on sustainable integrated water resources management. The program curricula focuses mostly on water management and engineering related subjects, with additional courses in agricultural and natural sciences, economics and legal studies. Besides providing a strong theoretical base, we aim to equip our students with a strong practical background as well. Building on the international experience of our staff, this course aims to provide students with the knowledge they need to succeed in today’s world. The program mostly takes place in the main campus of the University located in Gödöllő, with the exception of semester 3 which takes place partially at the Szarvas Campus of the
Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.
The following universities and faculties are participating:
- Szent István University, Faculty of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences, Gödöllő
- Szent István University, Georgikon Campus, Keszthely
Agricultural water management engineering, Plant protection, Crop production.
The scholarship will cover:
- application and tuition fees throughout the study period with basic books and notes;
- dormitory accommodation;
- subsistence costs;
- health insurance.
All of the above mentioned costs are financed by the Hungarian Government, according to the Agreement between FAO and Hungary in 2007.
The scholarship covers student costs only; family members are not supported within the frame of this programme.
Residents (who must be nationals) of the following countries are eligible to apply for the Scholarship Programme:
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Chad, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Lebanon, North Macedonia, Madagascar, Mali, Myanmar, Republic of Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Namibia, Nigeria, North Korea, State of Palestine, the Philippines, Republic of Cabo Verde, Serbia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Yemen.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Citizenship and residency of one of the eligible countries
- Excellent school achievements
- English language proficiency (for courses taught in English)
- Good health
- Age (candidates under 30 are preferred)
Applicants intending to join a master programme should hold undergraduate degree (B.Sc. or equivalent) in relevant field of science or related area. Other degrees including components of natural or economic sciences may also be acceptable, degree qualifications are assessed individually in accordance with the diploma (Degree Certificate) and its attachments, or with the Report of Study (Transcript).
Application Procedure Instructions:
Interested applicants should prepare a dossier to be sent by E-MAIL consisting of:
- Application form duly completed
- A recent curriculum vitae
- A copy of high school/college diploma and transcript/report of study or copy of the diploma attachment
- A copy of certificate of proficiency in English
- Copies of relevant pages of passport showing expiration date and passport number
- A letter of recommendation
- Statement of motivation
- Health Certificate issued by Medical Doctor
- Certificate of Good Conduct issued by local police authority.
All submitted documents must be in ENGLISH. Documents submitted in any other language will not be accepted. It is the responsibility of the applicant, to ensure that documents are duly translated and certified by a competent office; and that each document is saved with a name that identifies what it is.
Note: Paper copies of dossiers received by post or courier or any other way, will not be taken into consideration.
28 February 2021