The FAO Internship Programme 2023 presents an exceptional prospect for emerging professionals who aspire to gain hands-on experience in international development. It offers a unique opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the most prominent experts in food security and agriculture, thereby enabling you to build a robust foundation for your future career while making a positive contribution to society.
Enrolling in the FAO Internship Programme 2023 will equip you with practical skills and knowledge that will be invaluable in your professional journey. You will have access to advanced research, tools, and guidance from experienced professionals. The program’s multicultural environment will help you enhance your interpersonal skills and forge lasting connections with peers worldwide.
Moreover, one of the most significant advantages of the FAO Internship Programme 2023 is its flexibility. The program caters to a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences, and interests. Regardless of your area of interest, whether it is research, policy development, or communication in the realm of food security and agriculture, this internship offers a wide range of assignments to suit your requirements. With the backing of FAO’s first-rate resources and expertise, you can create a significant impact on your community and the world.
Host Organization: United Nations’ Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
• Gender: Open to both male and female applicants
• Program Level: Suitable for entry-level candidates
• Qualification: Accepts applications from both undergraduate and graduate students
• Duration: Internship program ranges from 3-11 months.
Financial Coverage: Interns participating in the FAO internship program are eligible to receive a monthly stipend of around $700.
• Practical Experience: The program provides real-world practical experience in food security and agriculture. Interns can work on related projects and build their skills and knowledge.
• Mentorship: Participants receive mentorship and guidance from experienced professionals. The program offers a supportive learning environment to help interns succeed in their careers.
• Networking: Interns can network with professionals and colleagues from around the world, building lasting connections in their fields.
• Global Reach: The program operates in several countries worldwide, offering a broad perspective on global food security and agriculture. Participants can make a difference in communities across the globe.
• Flexibility: The program is flexible and accommodates participants with diverse backgrounds and interests. It offers assignments related to research, policy development, communications, and other areas related to food security and agriculture.
• Nationality: Candidates must be nationals of FAO Members.
• Education: Candidates must be undergraduate or graduate students at the time of application, or recent graduates from a bonafide educational institution.
• Language: Candidates must have a working knowledge of at least one FAO official language (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian). Knowledge of a second FAO official language is preferred.
• Age: Candidates should be aged between 21 and 30 at the start of their internship.
• Skills: Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment, possess good communication skills, and be proficient in using basic computer programs.
• Residence: Candidates must have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment prior to the start of the internship.
• Family members: Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, or father) employed by FAO under any type of contract are not eligible for the Internship Programme.
• Motivation: The applicant’s motivation and understanding of the FAO’s mandate and work are considered when applying for the FAO Internship Program 2023.
• Language proficiency: Candidates must have a working knowledge of at least one of the FAO’s official languages, including English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, or Russian. Knowledge of a second official language is preferred.
• Career goals: Successful candidates for the FAO Internship Program 2023 are expected to be committed to achieving their desired career goals and using their experience with the FAO to further their professional development.
While the application deadline for the FAO Internship Program has not been specified, it is recommended that interested candidates submit their applications promptly to ensure they do not miss the chance to participate in this valuable opportunity.
How to Apply:
Here are the steps to apply for the FAO Internship Program:
- Visit the FAO’s official website and browse the internship vacancies that align with your interests and qualifications.
- Carefully review the internship requirements, including eligibility criteria and application documents.
- Prepare the necessary documents, including a CV, cover letter, academic transcripts, language certificates, letters of recommendation, and identification documents.
- Use the online application portal provided on the FAO’s official website to submit your application. Ensure that you complete all sections of the application form and upload all required documents.
- Once you have submitted your application, you will receive a confirmation email that acknowledges receipt of your application.
- The selection process may include a written test and/or an interview, which will be communicated to shortlisted candidates.
- If you are selected for the internship, you will receive an offer letter and further instructions on how to prepare for the program.