Fellowship Programme FAO:
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) leads international efforts to defeat hunger and to support development in member countries in the areas of agriculture, fisheries and forestry. FAO’s mandate is to raise levels of nutrition, improve agricultural productivity, better the lives of rural populations and contribute to the growth of the world economy
The Fellows Programme is designed to attract fellows, typically PhD students, researchers and professors, who have an advanced level of relevant technical knowledge and experience in any field of the Organization. They are willing to fulfil their specialized learning objectives and at the same time, contribute their technical expertise and knowledge through time-bound arrangements with FAO. Assignments should be in line with FAO Strategic Objectives and UN Sustainable Development Goals
Graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) or be enrolled in a PhD programme
Food and Agriculture
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation allowance and monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services.
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development, amongst others).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back).
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community.
- Graduate or post-graduate degree (Master’s or PhD) or be enrolled in a PhD programme in a bona fide (i.e. listed in IAU/UNESCO database) educational institution at the time of the application.
- Candidates must specialize in a field relevant to the mission and work of FAO.
- Working knowledge of at least one FAO language (Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian or Spanish).
- Knowledge of a second FAO language will be considered an asset.
- Be nationals of FAO Member Nations.
- Age: no age limit.
- Candidates should be able to adapt to an international multicultural environment and have good communication skills.
- Candidates with family members (defined as brother, sister, mother, father, son or daughter) employed by FAO under any type of contractual arrangement are not eligible for the Fellows Programme.
- Candidates should have appropriate residence or immigration status in the country of assignment
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile. We strongly recommend that your profile is accurate, complete and includes your employment records, academic qualifications and language skills.
- You are requested to attach a research proposal, the evidence of attendance in a recognized university or copy of your academic qualifications to the online profile.
- Once your profile is completed, please apply and submit your application.
- Your application will be screened based on the information provided on your online profile.
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credentials or degrees obtained from an educational institution recognized in the IAU/UNESCO list.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Only applications received through the FAO recruitment portal will be considered.
- We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date
9th August 2021