Flinders University provides Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarships (AGRTPS) to students, whether domestic or international. These scholarships aim to assist students who are pursuing a research degree at the university, by offering financial support. AGRTPS scholarships offer coverage for tuition fees and a living allowance, which is available for up to three years for doctoral candidates and up to two years for master’s candidates. In addition, students with dependents may also qualify for extra allowances.
The process of selecting candidates for the AGRTPS scholarships is highly competitive and primarily based on academic merit, research potential, and the alignment of research interests with the university’s research areas of expertise. To be eligible for the scholarship, candidates are required to have a high level of academic achievement and a minimum of an Honours degree or equivalent. Additionally, applicants must fulfill the English language proficiency criteria of the university. Successful applicants are expected to actively engage and contribute to the research and academic community at Flinders University.
Flinders University offers a research-friendly environment with exceptional research amenities, committed faculty members, and a lively research community. The university provides an extensive array of research prospects spanning multiple areas of study, such as medicine, engineering, humanities, and social sciences. AGRTPS scholarship holders can benefit from various programs aimed at professional development, research training, and chances for international research collaborations. These scholarships provide an outstanding opportunity for students to pursue their research interests in an intellectually stimulating environment that is both supportive and nurturing.
- Scholarship Host Country: Australia
- University: Flinders University
- Course Level: Masters & PhD
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
- Eligibility: International students
- Engineering & Technology
- Health & Medical
- People & Society
- Science, Environment, & Natural Resources
- Emerging Research: Defense.
- Full Tuition Fee offset.
- Living allowance
- Overseas Health Care cover.
- Relocation costs and Airfares will be provided
To be eligible for the AGRTPS scholarships at Flinders University, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Meet the university’s Academic Entry Requirements for a Masters degree by research or Doctorate by research.
- Have completed a Four Year Bachelor’s Degree.
- Fulfill all the English Language requirements specified by Flinders University for international candidates.
- Not hold Australian citizenship, Australian permanent resident status, or New Zealand citizenship.
How to Apply:
If you are an international student interested in applying for the AGRTPS scholarship at Flinders University, follow these steps:
- Check Your Eligibility: Ensure that you meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Hold a first-class honours degree, a master’s degree by research, or an equivalent degree.
- Meet the English language requirements for the chosen course.
- Submit an Application for Admission: Submit an application for admission to the research higher degree program at Flinders University. You can find the application form on the university’s website.
- Apply for the Scholarship: Once you have received an offer of admission to the research higher degree program, you can apply for the AGRTPS scholarship by submitting the scholarship application form, which is also available on the university’s website.
- Provide Supporting Documents: Along with your scholarship application form, you will need to provide supporting documents such as academic transcripts, CV, and research proposal. You may also need to provide evidence of your English language proficiency.
- Submit Your Application: After completing your scholarship application form and gathering all necessary supporting documents, submit your application by the deadline.