Applications for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships to study in Germany is ongoing and open for interested applicants. The scholarships are open to students from Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America who wish to pursue their Bachelor or Masters Degree program in Germany.
Each year up to 40 students are awarded FES sponsorships. International students receive a monthly amount of 861 EUR and costs for health insurance are funded. Students with a child receive a family allowance of 276 EUR. Students in any subject area are eligible to apply, if they demonstrate excellent school or academic merit, wish to study in Germany.
DAAD/Friedrich Ebert Foundation
Undergraduates and Postgraduate
Students in any subject area are eligible to apply
- International students receive a monthly base amount of EUR 861.
- In addition, costs for health insurance funded and scholars with a child receive a family allowance of EUR 276. The scholarship does not have to be repaid.
- The number of awards available is 40.
Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe and Latin America.
- Applicants from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe are eligible.
- The academic excellence of the candidates taken into consideration.
- Candidates should wish to study in Germany and committed to the values of social democracy.
- Highly-performing students preferred, with enhanced social competencies and academic skills.
- Eligible Subjects: Students in any subject area are eligible to apply, if they demonstrate excellent school or academic merit, wish to study in Germany.
- English Language Requirement: Not a necessary requirement.
- To apply for the Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Scholarships, follow the below steps;
- First, visit the DAAD scholarship database to confirm your country-specific requirements thus;
- Select your status and your country of origin to know if you are eligible to apply for the programs
- If your status and/or country of origin not included in the list, you cannot apply for this scholarship programme.
- Access all application forms and further information necessary to submit your application
- Recommended to use browser with language options (e.g. Google Chrome, Firefox etc.) as the default language of the application page is in German.
Timeline varies, check here for details of specific timelines.