The Awaji Youth Fellowship is a 9-month program that involves living, working, and receiving training on Awaji Island, which is located in Japan. It is a well-known exchange program in Japan that attracts participants from various countries who come together to meet the needs of the Japanese workplace. The program is open to both male and female participants and is funded by the Pasona Group.
The Awaji Youth Fellowship is open to individuals between the ages of 24 and 35 who have obtained or are in the process of obtaining a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree. The program comprises three interrelated components: Lectures, Challenges, and Projects, all aimed at providing participants from diverse backgrounds with opportunities to develop and enhance their skills in a multicultural environment that caters to the needs of the Japanese workplace.
- Host Country: Japan
- Location: Awaji Island
- Duration: 9 Months (Begins in September 2023)
- Who can Apply: Bachelors, Masters Students
- Financial Coverage: Fully Funded
Benefits of the Awaji Youth Fellowship include:
- Monthly salary of JPY 197,000, which includes base salary and overtime pay
- Coverage of all government fees and taxes
- Accommodation and meals provided for the entire 9-month program
- Room provided in either Japanese or Western style
- Utility costs, such as electricity and Wi-Fi, included
- Availability of Halal, vegetarian, and healthy food options
In terms of what the AYF fellowship offers:
- It is a 9-month program that includes three components: Lectures, Challenges, and Projects.
- The program is designed to provide participants from different countries with opportunities to develop and enhance their skills in a multicultural environment that meets the needs of the Japanese workplace.
AYF Fellowship Theme and Structure
The AYF Fellowship comprises of three components that are interconnected:
- Leadership and Project Management
- Innovation and Intrapreneurship
- PR and Marketing
The Fellowship offers the following:
- Self-development and mentoring opportunities
- Project ideation and work experience
- Event creation opportunities
The AYF Fellowship is a unique opportunity for participants to:
- Challenge themselves and step out of their comfort zones
- Test their skills and interests in a new country and culture
- Rediscover themselves in the company of AYF Fellows from around the world.
- 5 days a week of working & learning
- 10 days of paid leave available six months into the Fellowship
The eligibility criteria for the AYF Fellowship are:
- Applicants can be from any country
- Age between 24-30 is preferred
- Must have graduated with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree
- Must have a commitment to solving societal problems and contributing to projects
- Must possess core values of hard work, discipline, and care for others
- Proof of IELTS or any other language test is not required.
The last date to apply for the Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship 2023 is 31st May 2023.
- June – July: Interviews over Zoom
- July – August: COE & Visa
- September: Fellowship Begins
How to Apply
The application process is online and all participants have to apply for the AYF Fellowship Online. The Official Link of the Awaji Youth Federation Fellowship 2023 is given below.