The Colombia Foreigners Scholarship is an exclusive program designed for international students who wish to pursue their postgraduate studies at a prestigious university in Colombia. However, it is important to note that the Colombia government scholarship is not available to Colombian nationals. This international scholarship program offers support for Master’s, Specialization, or PhD (Doctorate) degrees. It is a fully funded opportunity that also assists non-Spanish-speaking foreigners in learning Spanish to facilitate their studies in Colombia.
The Colombia Government scholarship program targets foreign students seeking to commence their postgraduate studies in Colombia. It is an open scholarship program covering various fields of study. This scholarship in Colombia is fully funded and has been funded by ICETEX for the 2023-24 academic year. It encompasses a wide range of study areas and covers tuition fees, medical and health insurance, living expenses, visa fees, a monthly stipend, and other necessary financial aspects related to the study. It is worth noting that IELTS is not mandatory for this Colombian scholarship program.
ICETEX is a Colombian government institution dedicated to promoting higher education in Colombia and providing assistance to foreign individuals. It manages different scholarship programs funded by the Colombian government, as well as foreign governments and international organizations. These international scholarships cover diverse fields of study and academic levels, including undergraduate and graduate students, as well as researchers. The duration of the Colombian scholarship varies depending on the study program. If you are interested in studying in Colombia at no cost, it is recommended to apply for the Colombian Government Foreigners scholarship program. This article provides detailed information on this scholarship opportunity in Colombia.
- Spanish Language Course: The scholarship program offers a Spanish language course for a duration of up to 6 months.
- Specialization: The scholarship supports specialization programs for a maximum period of 18 months, equivalent to 3 semesters.
- Master: International students can pursue a master’s degree under the scholarship program for a maximum duration of 24 months, equivalent to 4 semesters.
- Doctorate: The scholarship program extends its support to doctoral studies, allowing a maximum period of 48 months, equivalent to 8 semesters.
- Country: The scholarship program is available in Colombia.
- Financial coverage: The scholarship offers full funding to selected recipients.
- Eligibility: The scholarship is open to international students from all around the world.
- Nationality: Applicants must not be nationals of Colombia.
- Residency: Applicants must not have been present or resided in Colombia in the six months prior to applying for the scholarship.
- Marital Status: Applicants must not have any marital relationship in Colombia.
- Age Limit: The maximum age for applicants is 50 years.
- Education: Applicants must hold an undergraduate, equivalent, or professional degree.
- Academic Performance: Applicants must have a cumulative general average of 4.0 out of 5.0 in their undergraduate studies.
- Multiple Choices: Applicants are allowed to apply for up to three different courses, indicating their preferences.
- Language Requirement: IELTS is not mandatory for the Colombia government scholarship.
- Documentation: After selection, scholarship recipients must provide the Certificate of Migratory Movements.
- Previous Beneficiary: Applicants must not have been previous beneficiaries of ICETEX scholarships.
- Tuition Fee Coverage: The scholarship program fully covers the tuition fees for graduate programs.
- Health Insurance: Scholarship recipients will be provided with a health policy or medical insurance.
- Visa Support: Recipients of the scholarship will receive a courtesy visa from the Colombian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Books and Materials Allowance: International students will receive an allowance to cover the costs of books and materials.
- Living Expenses/Monthly Support: Scholarship recipients will receive financial support for their living expenses on a monthly basis.
- Installation Expenses: International students will receive assistance with installation expenses.
- Unforeseen Costs: Scholarship recipients will be provided with financial support to cover one-time unforeseen expenses.
- Admission Documentation: Applicants are required to submit a letter of pre-admission or final admission from the university.
- Academic Recommendation: An academic letter of recommendation is necessary for the scholarship application.
- Migratory Movements: Applicants must provide a certificate of migratory movements as part of their application.
- CV or Resume: A comprehensive CV or resume highlighting the applicant’s academic and professional background is required.
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit their undergraduate or graduate transcripts.
- Academic Essay: A two-page academic essay demonstrating the significance of studying in Colombia should be included in the application.
- Notarized Degrees: Applicants must provide notarized copies of their university degrees or diplomas.
- Passport Copy: A copy of a valid passport is necessary for identification purposes.
- Professional Experience: A certificate of professional experience should be included in the application.
- Health Certificate: Applicants must submit a health certificate as part of their application.
Scholarship Selection Criteria:
- Coherence: The selection criteria include evaluating the coherence between the applicant’s academic and professional career and the proposed studies, accounting for 30% of the weightage.
- Academic Excellence: Another key criterion is academic excellence, which carries a weightage of 30% in the selection process.
- Professional Experience: The scholarship program also considers the applicant’s professional experience, which accounts for 20% of the overall evaluation.
- Reciprocity of Cooperation: The reciprocity of cooperation from the applicant’s country of origin is taken into account, contributing 10% to the selection criteria.
- Geographical Location: The geographical location of the Colombian teaching center is also a factor considered, carrying a weightage of 10% in the evaluation process.
- Online Application: Applicants are required to submit their application online by clicking on the “Apply Now” button.
- Official Website: Upon clicking the button, applicants will be redirected to the official website where they can complete the application process.
- Supporting Documents: All necessary supporting documents must be submitted along with the online application.
- Validity of Documentation: Applicants must ensure the authenticity and validity of the provided documentation for the scholarship.
- Rejection of False Records: In the event of falsified records, the application will be immediately rejected.
- Scholarship Award: The Scholarship Committee will award the scholarships based on the availability of resources.
The deadline for submitting applications for the Colombia Foreigners Scholarship 2023-24 is June 12, 2023.