If you’re interested in pursuing your studies in Germany with a scholarship, take the time to go through this article. Within its contents, we will provide a comprehensive explanation about the DAAD scholarship for 2023. This will encompass details about what the DAAD scholarship for 2023 entails, the advantages it offers, as well as a step-by-step guide to the application process.
The DAAD Scholarship for the academic year 2024-2025 presents a fantastic opportunity for international students, as it covers the entirety of their expenses. This scholarship is open for those aiming to undertake a master’s or a PhD program at renowned German universities. The DAAD scholarship ensures a monthly stipend of 934 euros for postgraduates and 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
Professionals who have received thorough training and possess international connections have a crucial role in advancing the sustainable development of their respective nations. They stand as a solid guarantee for a brighter future, marked by reduced poverty, increased access to education, and improved overall health. Through its postgraduate programs that focus on developmental aspects, the DAAD actively supports the education of experts hailing from developing nations and newly industrialized countries.
The scholarships provide an opportunity for graduates from developing and newly industrialized nations across various fields to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a German university that is either state-funded or state-recognized. In special circumstances, it also allows for the pursuit of a doctoral degree, facilitating the acquisition of a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) within Germany.
- Study Levels: Doctoral (PhD) / Masters
- Institution: DAAD
- Location: Germany
- Offered Courses Cover Various Fields:
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
- Additionally, a full list of available Postgraduate Courses is accessible.
- Program Duration: Varies between 12 and 36 months, contingent on the duration of the selected study program.
The DAAD Scholarship for Masters and PhD programs in Germany in 2024 offers the awardees the following advantages:
- Monthly stipends of 934 euros for graduate students and 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates, based on their academic level.
- Provision for travel expenses, unless these costs are already catered to by the recipient’s home country or other funding sources.
- Coverage for health, accident, and personal liability insurance expenses.
- A one-time study allowance to support initial academic requirements.
Subject to specific conditions, individuals granted the scholarship may also be eligible for the following supplementary perks:
- Monthly assistance for housing expenses.
- Monthly stipend for family members accompanying the recipient.
In order to qualify for the DAAD Scholarship 2024 for Masters and PhD programs in Germany, applicants must satisfy the subsequent conditions:
- Language Requirements:
- For programs conducted internationally, the language of instruction is English. Typically, submission of an English language certificate such as TOEFL or IELTS is necessary.
- For other programs, classes are conducted in German. As a rule, submission of a German language certificate such as DSH or TestDaF is required.
- Eligible Nations:
- Please refer to this link for a list of countries that are eligible, primarily focusing on developing nations.
- Educational Background:
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree (commonly a four-year course) or a Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- Professional Experience:
- A minimum of two years of professional experience is expected from candidates.
- Development-focused Motivation:
- Aspiring candidates must demonstrate that their motivation is linked to development-oriented goals. They are also anticipated to exhibit a commitment to taking on societal responsibilities and initiating as well as supporting processes of transformation in their personal and professional circles after the completion of their training or scholarship.
How to Apply:
To initiate your application for the DAAD Scholarship for Masters and PhD programs in Germany, adhere to the subsequent step-by-step procedure:
Applying for Multiple Courses:
- You are permitted to apply for up to three courses. If you are applying for more than one course, indicate your course preferences in order of priority within the DAAD application forms. It is crucial not to alter the sequence of priorities in the relevant application form.
Required Documentation for DAAD Scholarship:
- Duly completed and signed DAAD application form with the current date.
- Personally signed Curriculum Vitae (CV), employing the provided Europass template at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/, and with the present date.
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (maximum two pages), referencing your current occupation and selection of postgraduate program(s), accompanied by the current date.
- Note: If applying for multiple postgraduate courses (up to three maximum), furnish a single motivation letter elucidating the rationale behind your application for these specific courses and the prioritization.
- Letter of recommendation from your ongoing employer, complete with a signature, official stamp, and letterhead. The letter must also bear the present date (should not be sealed).
- Certificate(s) of Employment from employer(s) validating at least two years of pertinent work experience subsequent to obtaining the bachelor’s degree. If possible, include an assurance of re-employment from your current employer upon repatriation.
- Proof of Language Proficiency:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Exclude institutional TOEFL).
- German – Essential for courses delivered in German.
- Copies of Academic Degrees (with certified translation if required).
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, encompassing the grading scale (with certified translation if required).
- Candidates from the People’s Republic of China are required to submit an APS Certificate along with their application documents.
- Note: Certain courses may necessitate additional documents. For comprehensive details, consult the respective course description in the Brochure or on the relevant websites. The complete applications should be submitted in English or German to be considered.
Step-by-Step Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship:
- Choose suitable courses of interest (maximum of three).
- Apply to universities that offer these courses.
- Forward your complete application(s) (including the aforementioned documents) directly to the respective universities.
- A selection committee will identify potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- DAAD will reach out to the suggested candidates to guide them in uploading their complete application onto the DAAD Portal. The link to the DAAD Portal will be communicated via email.
- The selection process will be finalized, and the chosen candidates will receive corresponding notifications.
- Ensure that you have prepared a copy of each application document in PDF format. These documents will need to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal if you are selected for a DAAD scholarship.
Application Deadline: Based on the selected study program, please review the relevant deadlines by visiting this link.