The Scholar in Residence Program 2023 at the Deutsches Museum is a fully funded scholarship designed for international students pursuing postdoctoral or pre-doctoral research. Successful applicants of this program will receive a generous stipend of €30,000 per year.
The Deutsches Museum Scholar-in-Residence Program is open to international students seeking an opportunity to work on science and technology projects at the renowned Deutsches Museum in Germany. The program offers a flexible duration of six to twelve months, allowing scholars to immerse themselves in interdisciplinary research. Participants will be provided with a dedicated workspace equipped with a desktop computer and telephone, along with the opportunity to reside temporarily in subsidized flats within the museum complex.
- Level of Study: Postdoctoral / Pre-doctoral research
- Institution(s): Deutsches Museum
- Study in: Munich, Germany
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Applicants are encouraged to utilize the collections of the Deutsches Museum and collaborate closely with museum staff while developing their research proposals. Projects that incorporate innovative approaches to artifact-oriented research are highly desired.
- Program Period: 6 or 12 Months
- Deadline: October 15, 2023
The Deutsches Museum Scholar-in-Residence Program offers the following benefits to its recipients:
- Pre-doctoral stipend: € 15,000 for a full year.
- Post-doctoral stipend: € 30,000 for a full year.
To be eligible for the Deutsches Museum Scholar-in-Residence Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: German / English
- Eligible Countries: All countries worldwide
- The applicant must hold at least one university degree (Master or PhD).
- Proficiency in reading German is a prerequisite for the application (passive language skills).
- Applicants are responsible for arranging their own health insurance coverage.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Deutsches Museum Scholar-in-Residence Program, please follow these application instructions:
- Prepare the following documents:
- Completed application form.
- Curriculum vitae.
- Project description (3 to 5 pages).
- Two confidential references (referees can send them directly).
- Submit the documents and completed application to the following address:
Andrea Walther Coordinator of the Research Institute Deutsches Museum 80306 Munich Tel.: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-280 Fax: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-239 E-Mail: [email protected]
The last date for this application is October 15, 2023