The Forrest Research Foundation Post-doctoral Fellowships for the year 2023-2024 are research scholarships that offer full funding to international researchers. These fellowships provide a salary of up to $95,000, an annual accommodation allowance of $21,447, and a one-time relocation and research travel allowance of $12,000.
The Forrest Research Foundation offers the Forrest Fellowships to exceptional early-stage post-doctoral researchers who possess exceptional academic achievements and have already made significant contributions to their respective fields. These prestigious fellowships were established in 2014 with a generous donation of $65 million over a decade by Andrew and Nicola Forrest through the Minderoo Foundation. The goal is to foster research and innovation in Western Australia by attracting talented individuals to the region.
The Forrest Research Foundation Research Fellowships aim to attract and support outstanding early-career post-doctoral researchers, enabling them to conduct high-quality research at universities in Western Australia.
To be selected as Forrest Fellows, individuals must demonstrate exceptional ability, resourcefulness, and possess a remarkable academic track record. They are expected to have the potential to make a positive impact on the world and contribute to the development of world-class research and innovation in Western Australia.
Recipients of the fellowships will be employed by a Western Australian university and will be responsible for fulfilling the general mission of the Forrest Research Foundation, which includes mentoring Forrest Scholars and undertaking ambassadorial duties. Additionally, Forrest Fellows will be required to provide leadership and mentoring within Forrest Hall, the designated facility for the fellows.
- Level of Study: Post-doctoral
- Institution(s): Forrest Research Foundation / Australian Universities
- Study in: Australia
- Courses Offered: This opportunity is offered in the following five universities:
- Curtin University
- Edith Cowan University
- Murdoch University
- Notre Dame University (Fremantle Campus)
- The University of Western Australia
- Program Period: 3 years
The Forrest Research Foundation Post-doctoral Fellowships offer the following benefits:
- Salary: Consistent with a Level A Step 8 appointment, such as The University of Western Australia Salary Scales, providing approximately $95,000 in salary along with 17% superannuation.
- Accommodation Allowance: An annual allowance of $21,447 in 2023, subject to marginal tax rate.
- Relocation and Research Travel Allowance: A one-time allowance of $12,000 for relocation and research travel expenses.
To qualify for the Forrest Research Foundation Post-doctoral Fellowships, candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Required Language: Proficiency in English.
- Eligible Countries: Open to applicants from all countries worldwide.
- Academic Status: Applicants must be in their final year of their PhD program or no more than two years after completing their PhD.
- Residency: Applicants must reside at Forrest Hall for the entire duration of the Fellowship.
- Commitment: Applicants must be willing to fulfill the responsibilities of a Forrest Fellow, including mentoring Forrest Scholars, undertaking ambassadorial duties for the Forrest Research Foundation, and providing leadership within Forrest Hall.
- Employment Eligibility: Applicants must meet the employment eligibility conditions at the designated university.
- Disciplinary Eligibility: Researchers from all academic disciplines are eligible to apply.
- Further Information: More details about the Forrest Research Foundation Fellowship can be found in the Fellowship Guidelines, which are available for reference.
How to Apply:
To apply for the Forrest Research Foundation Post-doctoral Fellowships, please follow these application instructions:
- Contact the research group/department: Reach out to the research group or department where you intend to conduct your post-doctoral research. Obtain direct confirmation that your work will be mentored by a senior member of the academic staff.
- Confirmation from academic mentor: The Foundation will contact the proposed academic mentor of shortlisted applicants to request formal confirmation of their support.
- Complete the application: Fill out the application, which includes the following components:
- Completed application form.
- Curriculum vitae.
- List of publications.
- List of grants and awards.
- Impact statement: Address the selection criteria and express your desire to make a difference through your research.
- Contact details: Provide contact information for four referees.
- Photograph: Include a recent photograph.
Please ensure that you carefully follow these instructions when submitting your application for the Forrest Research Foundation Post-doctoral Fellowships.
The application period for the 2024 post-doctoral fellowships is currently open, and interested individuals can submit their applications until May 31, 2023.