The Holcim Building for Peace Scholarship for the One Young World Summit presents a valuable opportunity for young leaders worldwide who are dedicated to driving positive change through innovative means. Holcim has collaborated with One Young World to establish the Building for Peace Scholarship 2023, a program designed to raise awareness and foster discussions about the crucial and indispensable nature of housing for all individuals. This international scholarship will select five exceptional young leaders to represent Holcim at the One Young World Summit 2023, and covers all expenses, enabling participants to visit the UK at no cost. If you possess a desire to make a positive impact on society and aid those affected by housing shortages, this Building for Peace Scholarship offers an exceptional opportunity.
The One Young World Summit scholarship grants young individuals a unique chance to travel to the UK free of charge. It encompasses all expenses for the recipients, and welcomes applications from young people residing in any part of the world. Candidates displaying leadership qualities are strongly encouraged to apply for this scholarship program in the UK. Those with a particular interest or involvement in the fields of affordable and sustainable housing innovation, as well as support for vulnerable communities and refugees, would make excellent additions to this scholarship and the One Young World Summit. The term “Building for Peace” encapsulates the essence of this program, aiming to construct homes or spaces where people can live harmoniously.
Every individual in the world has the fundamental right to a place they can call home. Unfortunately, natural and human-induced events such as conflicts, persecution, violence, and climate disasters have displaced over 100 million people. Many individuals still lack access to basic human needs and facilities. Consequently, they seek shelter and settle for inadequate living conditions, lacking proper health amenities and hygiene, thereby endangering their well-being. They lack safety measures and protection against adverse weather conditions, including heat, dampness, rain, cold, and wind. Often, people find themselves residing in temporary settlements for extended periods, spanning decades.
Through its partnership with the Norman Foster Foundation, Holcim aspires to build a better future for both people and the planet. Their collaborative efforts are focused on creating a model for comfortable and durable housing through the Essential Homes Research Project. This initiative aims to provide safe and comfortable housing for individuals displaced by conflicts or other circumstances, who may find themselves living in temporary camps for over two decades. Holcim contributes innovative and sustainable ideas and solutions, such as ECOPact, to make environmentally friendly building materials accessible to all. This UK scholarship program is intended to support young leaders who are making a difference in their communities by providing housing facilities to deserving individuals, thereby mitigating various health issues they may face.
- Country: United Kingdom
- Financial coverage: Fully Funded
- Applicants must show evidence of leadership skills.
- They are expected to be dedicated to making a positive impact in one of the two specified areas.
- Applicants should possess innovative concepts for sustainable and affordable housing.
- They should demonstrate a commitment to supporting vulnerable communities and refugees.
- Additionally, having a track record of generating innovative and impactful ideas is essential.
- Applicants should focus on addressing significant local or global challenges through their work.
- A strong understanding and interest in global issues are expected from applicants.
- Participants will have the opportunity to attend the One Young World Summit 2023 (OYW) in Belfast, UK, from 2 – 5 October.
- Hotel accommodation in Belfast, UK, will be provided for participants from 1-6 October.
- A travel allowance will be given to participants from their home country to Belfast, as well as a return ticket to their home country.
- Holcim will provide three meals per day for participants.
- Ground transport will be arranged in Belfast for participants who need to travel between Summit accommodation and the venue.
- Participants will have the chance to attend the pre-program in Belfast.
- Being part of the Holcim community will provide participants with a unique opportunity to expand their international network and meet other international changemakers.
- The application process for the Holcim Building for Peace Scholarship for One Young World is straightforward and conducted online.
- To apply, click on the Apply Now button and access the online application form.
- Carefully complete the form, ensuring all information provided is accurate.
- The application form will include personal information and a set of questions that require your responses.
- Once all the required fields are filled, click on the register button to officially register for the OYW scholarship program 2023.
- The deadline for the Holcim Building for Peace Scholarship 2023 is 7 June 2023, so make sure to register before this deadline.
The deadline for the Holcim Building for Peace Scholarship 2023 is 7 June 2023.