The Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship for 2023 is now accepting applications through Windows 2. This program is a collaborative effort between the World Bank and Japan, aimed at providing fully-funded master’s degree scholarships to students from developing nations. Eligible students may apply to universities located in the United States, Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan.
The Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP) is available to applicants from over 160 developing countries. To be eligible, applicants must possess a bachelor’s degree obtained at least three years before the application deadline. The scholarship program is open to both male and female applicants, with a strong encouragement for female candidates to apply. The Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship program has garnered considerable attention and interest from many individuals.
- Host Country: U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan
- Degree Level: Masters Program
- Funded by: World Bank Group
- Open to: Developing Countries
International students can apply for the Joint Japan World Bank fully funded scholarship program. The scholarship covers all expenses, and students are not required to pay anything. The program offers a comprehensive range of benefits to successful applicants.
- The scholarship covers Economy class Air Travel between your home country and the host university.
- Two-way Airfare is included, along with an additional travel allowance of US $500 per trip for scholars.
- Full Tuition for your graduate program is covered.
- The cost of Medical Insurance is also included in the scholarship.
- A Monthly Stipend is provided to cover all expenses such as Accommodation, Food, and Books.
- The amount of the stipend varies depending on the country where you will receive the scholarship, such as U.S., Europe, Africa, Oceania, and Japan.
The Duration of the JJ/WBGSP 2023 is a 2-Year Master’s Program.
- Eligibility for the Joint Japan World Bank Graduate Scholarship 2023 requires applicants to be a national of a developing country.
- The World Bank has a list of developing countries that can be referred to for confirmation of eligibility.
- To apply for the scholarship, applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree program.
- Additionally, applicants must have nationality from a country listed by the World Bank as a developing country.
- This scholarship is specifically open to citizens from developing countries.
Is IELTS Required?
IELST Depends on the country and on the University. For example, if have got admission to Japan or Africa then IELTS is not necessary.
Participating in Universities and Courses Under JJ/WBGSP
JJWBGSP Participating Programs 2023–2025:
The Names of the Universities and the Courses that can be studied in that University under a Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship Program:
1. Australian National University
|Master of Climate Change|
|Master of Environmental and Resource Economics|
|Master of Environmental Management and Development|
|Master of Public Policy|
|Master of Arts in Conflict Resolution and Coexistence|
|Master in Global Health Policy and Management|
3. Columbia — School of International and Public Affairs
|MPA in Development Practice|
|Master of Public Administration|
4. Erasmus University Rotterdam-IHS
|MSc in Urban Management and Development — Urban Digital Transformation & Innovation: Governance and Economics of Cities|
|MSc in Urban Management and Development — Urban Housing & Land Justice: Equitable Access to Sustainable Land, Housing & Services|
|MSc in Urban Management and Development — Urban Environment, Sustainability & Climate Change: Integrated Management of Land, Water and Air|
|MSc in Urban Management and Development — Strategic Urban Planning & Policies: Managing Socio-Spatial Dynamics for Sustainable Cities|
5. Harvard — Kennedy School of Government
|Master of Public Administration in International Development|
6. IHE Delft Institute
|MSc in Water and Sustainable Development — Water, Food and Energy Track|
|MSc in Water and Sustainable Development — Water Hazards, Risks and Climate Track|
|MSc in Water and Sustainable Development — Water and Health Track|
|MSc in Water and Sustainable Development — Water Resources and Ecosystem Health Track|
7. Keio University
|Master in Taxation Policy and Management|
8. London School of Economics
|MSc Development Management|
|MSc Development Studies|
|MSc Global Health Policy|
|MSc International Social and Public Policy|
9. National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS)
|Tax Course of the Public Finance Program|
10. Saitama University
|International Graduate Program on Civil and Environmental Engineering|
11 SOAS University of London
|MSc International Finance and Development|
12 Stanford University
|Master in International Policy|
13. Université Clermont-Auvergne – FERDI
|Master in Economic Policy Management|
14. University of Leeds
|Master of Public Health (International)|
15. University of Oxford
|Blavatnik School of Government: Master of Public Policy|
|Department of International Development: MSc in Refugees and Forced Migration Studies|
16. University of Sussex
|MA Environment, Development and Policy|
|MA Food and Development|
|MSc Climate Change, Development and Policy|
|MA Migration and Global Development|
17. University of Tokyo
|Graduate School of Public Policy (GraSPP): Master of Public Policy, International Program|
|Graduate School of Agriculture and Life Science: International Program on Agricultural Development Studies|
18. University of Tsukuba
|Master’s Program in Economic and Public Policy|
19. Yokohama National University
|Infrastructure Management Program (IMP)｜Institute of Urban Innovation, Yokohama National University (ynu.ac.jp)|
How to Apply:
To ensure that applications are processed, it is necessary for all applicants to complete the full application form and submit all required documents. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The online JJWBGSP Application Form can be accessed through the link provided. Click this link to Apply for this Scholarship.
The last date to apply for the Joint Japan World Bank Scholarship for Window 2 is 26th May 2023