We are currently accepting applications for the 2023 round of the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Postdoctoral Fellowships. These fellowships offer a budget of €260.47 million and are aimed at researchers who hold a PhD and are interested in acquiring new skills through advanced training, as well as engaging in international, interdisciplinary, and inter-sectoral mobility.
The program strongly encourages researchers to broaden their experience beyond the academic realm. As part of this initiative, fellows have the opportunity to request an additional six months at the conclusion of their fellowship, during which they can pursue a placement in a non-academic organization located in Europe.
- Fellowship Sponsor: European Commission (EU)
- Host Institution: Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions
- Fellowship Worth: Fully-funded
- Number of Awards: Multiple
- Study Level: Postdoctoral
- Nationality: Open to international students
Applications are invited across all scientific disciplines, including Euratom research.
The fellowships offered are as follows:
- European Postdoctoral Fellowships: These fellowships are open to researchers from any nationality and allow them to pursue a customized project within the European Union (EU) or countries associated with Horizon Europe.
- Global Postdoctoral Fellowships: These fellowships are available to European nationals or individuals who have been long-term residents in Europe. They provide an opportunity to collaborate with organizations in third countries before returning to Europe.
To be eligible for the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Postdoctoral Fellowships, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- The call is open to researchers who intend to reintegrate in Europe.
- Applicants who have been displaced by conflict are eligible to apply.
- Researchers with high potential who are looking to restart their careers can apply.
- Applicants must apply in collaboration with a host organization, which can be a university, research institution, business, small or medium-sized enterprise, or any other organization based in an EU Member State or a country associated with Horizon Europe.
If you are an experienced researcher looking to develop your own research project, you can apply for Postdoctoral Fellowships. Here are the steps you should follow, presented as bullet points:
- Determine the type of Postdoctoral Fellowship that is suitable for your project: European Postdoctoral Fellowships or Global Postdoctoral Fellowships.
- Thoroughly review the requirements to ensure your eligibility for the fellowship. The following documents, which can be found on the Funding and Tender Opportunities Portal and the website of the European Research Executive Agency (REA), provide essential information:
- Call for Postdoctoral Fellowships
- Guidelines and instructions for applicants
- Evaluation criteria and procedures
- Develop your application in collaboration with your chosen host organization.
- Submit your completed application during the next call for Postdoctoral Fellowships, which will be published on the Funding and Tenders Opportunities Portal.
- Stay updated and monitor any updates or additional information regarding the application process on the mentioned platforms.