MENA Scholarship Programme 2022-2023 open for applications from applicants in eligible MSP countries across the globe. The MENA Scholarship Programme (MSP) offers scholarships to professionals for short courses in the Netherlands.
The overall aim of the MSP is to contribute to sustainable democratic transition in the participating countries. While the scholarship awarded to individuals, all candidates nominated by their employer to be able to participate. The need for training has to be demonstrated in the context of the organization the applicant is employed by.
Funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and managed by Nuffic.
Scholarship Benefits and Details:
- Syria (Syrians may only apply if they reside in one of the MSP eligible countries)
For an MSP scholarship:
- one must be a professional and national of, and living and working in one of the countries on the MSP country list valid at the time of application;
- one must have a current employer’s statement that complies with the format Nuffic has provided. All information must be provided and all commitments that are included in the format must endorsed in the statement;
- one must not be employed by an organization that has its own means of staff development. Organizations that are considered to have their own means of staff development are for example: – multinational corporations (e.g. Shell, Unilever, Microsoft); – large national and/or a large commercial organization; – bilateral donor organizations (e.g. USAID, DFID, Danida, Sida, Dutch ministry of Foreign affairs, FinAid, AusAid, ADC, SwissAid); – multilateral donor organizations, (e.g. a UN organization, the World Bank, the IMF, Asian Development Bank, African Development Bank, IADB); – international NGO’s (e.g. Oxfam, Plan, Care).
- one must have an official and valid passport (valid at least 3 months after the candidate submission date);
- one must have a government statement that meets the requirements of the country in which the employer is established (if applicable);
- the age of the MSP candidate must not exceed 45 years of age at the time of the grant submission.
- the candidate must not receive more than one MSP scholarship for courses that take place at the same time.
If interested in the MENA Scholarship Programme 2022-2023, make sure to review the full eligibility Criteria and then if you meet them, proceed with the following steps (below) to apply:
- Select a course on the MSP course list
- Contact the Dutch higher education institution that is offering the course for information on:
- course content
- the application deadline (deadlines can differ per Dutch institution)
- the application and selection procedures
- the online application form and the supporting documents
- Prepare your application and the supporting documents
- Submit your online application via the Dutch institution offering the course
Documents Requirements: As part of your application, asked to submit the following supporting documents – a valid passport copy, a current statement from your employer, and depending on your country of employment; a government statement.