The Mitacs Globalink Research Internship Program 2024 is a prestigious initiative that attracts exceptional international students to Canada. This program is highly competitive, with applicants from Mitacs partner countries competing for a spot in this 12-week research opportunity. Under the guidance of experienced Canadian professors and faculty members, interns get to work on research projects in a variety of academic fields, providing them with hands-on research experience, networking opportunities, and a chance to explore Canada’s diverse culture and natural beauty.
Currently, the Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is available at more than 70 universities throughout Canada, offering research opportunities in various academic fields such as science, engineering, mathematics, humanities, and social sciences. This interdisciplinary approach allows interns to explore different areas of research and gain a broader perspective on their academic interests. The program is designed to promote international research collaborations and build a global community of scholars, providing interns with a unique platform to enhance their research skills, expand their knowledge, and collaborate with peers from diverse backgrounds.
Apart from the academic and research opportunities, the program also offers personal growth opportunities. Interns have access to a range of learning opportunities that help them develop their skills and participate in cultural, social, and recreational activities. Selected students receive a scholarship that covers their travel and living expenses, including accommodation and health insurance, which ensures that they can focus on their research and personal development without worrying about finances. With access to these resources and experiences, interns can gain a comprehensive understanding of Canadian culture and the research landscape, while also building lasting connections with peers and mentors from around the world.
- The internship will be hosted in Canada.
- The internship duration is 12 weeks.
- The financial coverage for the internship is fully funded.
- Interns will be able to conduct research with professors and universities throughout Canada.
- Interns will receive a stipend of up to $300 to cover student enrollment fees.
- Round-trip airfare to Canada will be provided.
- Transportation from a Canadian airport to their place of accommodation will be arranged.
- A stipend for housing will be provided.
- Health insurance will be included.
- Registration fees for industry-related events and professional development courses will be covered.
- A Globalink Research Certificate of Completion will be awarded to the interns upon completion of the program.
- The candidate must be a full-time undergraduate or undergraduate/master’s student enrolled in an accredited institution.
- The candidate must be a citizen of one of the Mitacs eligible countries, which include Australia, Brazil, China, Colombia, Germany, Hong Kong, Ukraine, India, Mexico, Taiwan, Tunisia, France, (UK) United Kingdom, and the United States.
- The candidate must be at least 18 years old.
- For Fall 2023, the applicant must have one or three remaining semesters.
- The candidate must be available to complete a 12-week internship in Canada.
To apply, the following documents are required:
- Provide a CV
- Official transcript in English or French
- Personal statement
- At least one reference letter
- Valid passport
- Research experience
The deadline to submit an application for the Mitacs internship program in Canada for the year 2024 is June 8, 2023.
How to Apply:
- Applications must be submitted online via the Global Student Platform.
- Candidates must apply for a minimum of three and a maximum of seven projects in at least three Canadian provinces.
- On the Globalink Student Platform, applicants must create a personal user account.
- Creating multiple profiles should be avoided, as this may cause the application to be incorrectly processed.
- Applicants will have the ability to save their work and return later to add additional information and required documents.