The Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2023-2024 is an opportunity for international students to pursue a master’s degree at Durham University with full funding. The scholarship covers both tuition fees and living expenses in Geneva. However, it is exclusively available to individuals who are citizens of non-western countries.
The Lioness Scholarship is awarded to a candidate who demonstrates the necessary academic and personal attributes to succeed in a postgraduate program. In addition, the recipient is expected to act as a positive ambassador for their home country while studying at Durham. They are also required to apply their newly acquired knowledge and skills towards benefiting their community upon their return home.
Durham University is a public research university located in Durham, North East England. It was founded in 1832 and is the third-oldest university in England after Oxford and Cambridge. The university has a strong reputation for academic excellence and is consistently ranked in the top 10 universities in the UK.
Level of Study
The Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2023-2024 provides fully funded support for international students to pursue a master’s degree in various fields at Durham University. The courses offered include Ancient Philosophy, Accounting, Anthropology, Archaeology, Christian Theology, Creative Writing, Criminology, Developmental Psychology, Economics, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Energy and Society, Environmental and Natural Resource Economics, Finance, Geography, International Relations, Islamic Finance, Law, Management, Marketing, Mathematical Sciences, Medical Anthropology, Music, Philosophy, Politics, Social Work, Sustainability, and Visual Culture.
To be considered for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship at Durham University in the UK, applicants are required to meet the following conditions:
- Be fluent in English.
- Be a citizen of any country around the world.
- Not currently be receiving any other scholarship to cover the cost of their postgraduate studies.
- Have applied for and received an unconditional offer for their desired master’s program before the end of June 2022.
- Possess an appropriate bachelor’s degree of sufficient quality to be accepted into their desired master’s program.
- Not already have a master’s degree.
- Satisfy all other entry requirements for the program, including meeting the necessary English language proficiency level.
- Lack the financial means to pursue a master’s degree in the UK through other means.
The application deadline for the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship 2023-2024 at Durham University is March 31, 2023.