If you’re interested in pursuing the UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship in the USA for the 2023-24 term, now is the time to apply! This is an amazing opportunity to participate in a fully funded nine-month program that includes three months in New York and the remainder of the program at your host institution in the United States. The UN Nippon Fellowship is open to all nationalities, so anyone can apply.
Individuals from any part of the globe can apply for a fully funded fellowship in the USA. The UN Nippon Fellowship program focuses on marine science, training in ocean affairs, and the law of the sea. Successful applicants will gain knowledge of the international legal framework, as well as gain insight into key issues and best practices in maritime affairs.
- Offered by the United Nations
- Funded by the Division for Ocean Affairs and the Law of the Sea of the Office of Legal Affairs of the USA.
- The location is at the UN Headquarters in New York
- Anyone can apply
- Financial coverage is fully funded
The benefits of applying for the UN Nippon Fellowship are as follows.
- The fellowship is fully funded in the USA
- The monthly stipend is covered by the host organization
- Local transportation costs are covered
- Return economy air tickets are provided
- Visa processing and fees are covered
- Medical insurance is provided
- Accommodation costs are covered for nine months
- Partners of fellows will receive a $100/month book allowance
The UN Nippon Fellowship is divided into two phases:
- Phase One: A three-month research and training program, which is typically conducted between March/April and June at DOALOS at the United Nations Headquarters in New York.
- Phase Two: A six-month advanced academic research and study program, which is typically undertaken between July and December at one of the prestigious participating Host Institutions.
List of Host Institutions in the USA
You will spend your first three Months in New York at the UN headquarters. For the rest of the months, you will do your fellowship in one of these universities in the USA.
To be eligible for the UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship, you must:
- Be between the ages of 25 and 40.
- Have successfully completed your first university degree.
- Be a mid-level professional.
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in applying for the United Nations Nippon Fellowship 2023, here are the steps to follow:
- Visit the official website of the UN and click on the “Apply Now” button in red color.
- Type or process the application form.
- Make sure to answer all questions clearly and thoroughly.
- Pay special attention to sections 18, 19, 20, 21, and 23 of the application.
- The application form must be signed or certified by the nominating authority or officer in charge.
- Submit the signed form through email directly at [email protected].
The Last date to apply for the UN Nippon Foundation Fellowship 2023 is 24th March 2023.