The Flinders International Research Scholarship (FIPRS) is an esteemed award that provides monetary assistance to international students. The scholarship covers their international tuition fees and provides a stipend to help them meet their living expenses. However, there are only a limited number of scholarships awarded each year, with just five being offered in 2022. As a result, the competition for these scholarships is fierce. To be eligible for the FIPRS, applicants must demonstrate exceptional ability for independent research, as well as display academic excellence, research training, and performance indicators. The scholarship can be held for up to three years for a Research Doctorate degree and up to two years for a Research Masters degree. It is crucial to note that successful candidates must commence their higher degree by research in Australia for the first time and undertake full-time study. Additionally, if you apply for the Australian Government Research Training Program Scholarship (AGRTPS) for international students, you will automatically be considered for the FIPRS.
The Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2023-24 in Australia is open for students who wish to pursue postgraduate level programs at Flinders University.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
- Covers international student tuition fees charged by Flinders University for a research higher degree
- Provides a generous living allowance of $33,000 per annum (2023 rate)
- The living allowance is tax-exempt and indexed annually to keep up with the cost of living
- Offers an establishment allowance of up to $1,485 for FIPRS recipients who move to Adelaide from overseas
- The establishment allowance is intended to assist with relocation costs and airfares
- To be eligible for the establishment allowance, students must provide receipts as proof of their expenses
The Flinders International Postgraduate Research Scholarship 2023-24 in Australia is available to international students from all countries.