Generation Google Scholarship:
The Generation Google Scholarship aims to support students pursuing computer science degrees who demonstrate a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, as well as strong leadership and academic performance. Successful applicants will receive financial support of $10,000 USD (for those studying in the US) or $5,000 CAD (for those studying in Canada) for the 2023-2024 school year.
Eligibility for the program is open to all students who meet the minimum requirements, and the scholarship committee strongly encourages applications from individuals who identify with historically excluded groups in the technology industry, including women, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander.
It’s important to note that recipients of other Google Scholarships, including the Generation Google Scholarship for women in gaming, supply chain and fulfillment, Google Lime Scholarship, Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship, Women Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Science, Women Techmakers Scholarship for Gaming, and Venkat Panchapakesan Scholarships India, are not eligible to reapply.
Overall, the Generation Google Scholarship provides a valuable opportunity for students from underrepresented communities to pursue their academic and professional goals in the field of computer science while promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Eligibility for Generation Google Scholarship:
The Generation Google Scholarship has specific eligibility criteria for applicants. To apply, individuals must:
- Be currently enrolled as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program at an accredited college or university, OR currently enrolled as a high school senior for the 2022-23 academic year.
- Intend to enroll or have been accepted as a full-time student in a Bachelor’s program at an accredited university in the United States or Canada for the 2023-2024 academic year.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology.
It’s important to note that for students who may not meet the eligibility criteria, Google Careers for Students page offers alternative opportunities and programs based on their academic level and country/region.
Overall, the Generation Google Scholarship encourages and supports students who are passionate about computer science and technology while promoting diversity and inclusion within the field.
The scholarship provides a monetary award of either $10,000 USD or $5,000 CAD to successful applicants.
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Closely related technical fields
You will be asked to complete an online application which includes:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Family and household information
- Academic transcripts from your current institution (and prior, if applicable)
- Responses to short answer essay questions (questions will be available when application launches)
Terms and conditions:
- The scholarship award can only be used for tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment required for the student’s classes at their primary university.
- The scholarship recipients must be enrolled as full-time students for the 2023-2024 academic year, and their enrollment will be verified before the winners are selected.
- Scholarship payments will be made directly to the student to be used towards tuition and education-related expenses.
- Students under the age of 18 at the time of acceptance must have a parent or guardian sign the scholarship award terms & conditions.
- The award may be deferred for up to one year on a case-by-case basis as determined by Google.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- Persons who are residents of embargoed countries, ordinarily resident in embargoed countries, or otherwise prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs may not apply for this scholarship.
If you have any questions related to the Generation Google Scholarship, you can find answers in our FAQs tab. In case you have any further questions, please feel free to email us at [email protected]. However, please note that we will not respond to any spam, inflammatory, or exploitative messages. We’ll be happy to help you with any queries related to the scholarship.