The Global Undergraduate Exchange Program in Pakistan (Global UGRAD-Pakistan) provides emerging youth leaders from diverse communities across Pakistan with the opportunity to attend American universities and colleges for non-degree academic study.
During a semester of undergraduate classes and community engagement, participants strengthen their leadership, academic, and career-preparedness skills while building relationships with Americans. Participants return home as engaged leaders committed to tackling pressing challenges in their communities and fostering greater understanding between people of the United States and Pakistan.
United States Department of State
Institutions in USA
- J-1 visa support
- Round-trip travel from student’s home city to host institution in the United States
- Accident and sickness coverage
- Tuition and mandatory university fees
- Room and board (housing and meals)
- A small allowance for incidentals
- A limited allowance for books
- A limited allowance for cultural enrichment activities
- Alumni networking opportunities
For the scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a Pakistani student enrolled in a full-time undergraduate program.
- Be admitted for the program at an eligible institution of higher learning in the United States of America.
- Be willing to perform at least 20 hours of community service in their host community during their first semester.
- Strengthen participants’ leadership skills and experience
- Enhance participants’ academic competencies and career preparedness skills
- Increase participants’ community engagement abilities and commitment to service
- Contribute to increased understanding between the people of the United States and Pakistan through participants’ engagement in their host and home communities.
We are now accepting applications to host students for the 2022-2023 Global Undergraduate Exchange Program in Pakistan.
March 4, 2022