Lingnan University is currently accepting applications from high-achieving students who are interested in the Non-local Student Scholarships. These scholarships are funded by the Government and are available for the academic session of 2023-2024.
Lingnan University provides full scholarships to successful applicants, which include coverage for tuition, hostel fees, and partial academic and living expenses. Each scholarship is renewable on an annual basis and can be held for the entire duration of the program, as long as the recipient maintains exceptional academic performance.
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): UGC-funded (Government-funded)
- Host Institution(s): Lingnan University, Hong Kong
- Scholarship Worth: Full Scholarship (covering tuition, hostel, and living expenses)
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Undergraduates
- Nationality: International Students
Lingnan University provides a range of scholarships to assist exceptional non-local students in pursuing full-time undergraduate studies funded by the UGC (Government) at the university. The successful applicants will receive one of the following scholarships:
- Full Scholarship: This scholarship covers tuition fees, hostel expenses, and provides partial support for academic and living expenses.
- Half Scholarship: A scholarship that covers 50% of the tuition fees.
- Full-tuition Scholarship: This scholarship covers the full amount of the tuition fees.
- Half-tuition Scholarship: A scholarship that covers 50% of the tuition fees.
The availability of scholarships is limited, and successful applicants from the Early Round will be notified starting from January. Therefore, it is highly recommended that applicants submit their applications as early as possible.
Please note that scholarships are not available for self-financed undergraduate programs.
To qualify for Lingnan University Non-local Student Scholarships, candidates must satisfy the following requirements:
- International Students: Applicants must hold a nationality other than that of the host country.
- Undergraduate Studies: The scholarships are available for individuals applying for undergraduate programs at the university.
- Full-Time Program: Candidates should be prepared to enroll in a full-time course of study.
- English Language Proficiency: Applicants are required to provide evidence of their proficiency in the English language.
- Academic Excellence and Community Engagement: Eligible candidates must demonstrate strong academic performance and a commendable history of involvement in community service activities.
To apply for admission to UGC-funded (Government-funded) undergraduate programs, please follow the steps below:
- Create an application account: Access the Online Admission System and create a single application account.
- Submit online applications: Complete the application process by submitting your applications through the Online Admission System. In the “Application Type” section, select “Self-financed Programmes” as your preferred option.
- Multiple program choices: There is no limit to the number of program choices for self-financed undergraduate programs. You can apply for both UGC-funded and self-financed programs simultaneously using the same application account.
- Individual program details: For specific information on each program and its admission procedures, refer to the websites of the respective programs listed on the Undergraduate Programs page.
Please visit the individual program websites for comprehensive information on program details and admission procedures.
Application Deadline: July 28, 2023