Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship:
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs is pleased to invite applications for the Government of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship under the above Scholarship Award Scheme for the 2021/2022 academic session. Tenable in Brunei Darussalam, the scholarship award provides applicants with the opportunity to undertake Diploma, Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree. The academic year commences July/August 2021.
Program offered at any one of the following institutions of higher education:
Universiti Brunei Darussalam – www.ubd.edu.bn
Universiti Islam Sultan Sharif Ali – www.unissa.edu.bn
Universiti Teknologi Brunei – www.utb.edu.bn
Undergraduate Degree and Postgraduate Master’s Degree
Field of Study:
Various Subjects offered by the university for Masters degree.
Scholarship Award Benefits:
The scholarship recipient will be facilitated with the benefits of the scholarship as follows:
- exemption from paying tuition fees including acceptance, examination, registration and orientation fees for the duration of the programme;
- an economy class air-ticket to Brunei Darussalam from the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/ country of domicile prior to the commencement of the course; and an economy class air-ticket from Brunei Darussalam to the scholarship recipient’s country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the course
- a monthly personal allowance of BND$500.00
- a monthly meals allowance of BND$150.00
- an annual book allowance of BND$600.00
- accommodation at the residential college of the University/ Polytechnic
- baggage allowance for shipment of the scholarship recipient’s personal effects to his country of origin/country of domicile upon completion of the programme, at a maximum amount of:
- BND$250.00 to a country within the ASEAN region; or
- BND$500.00 to a country outside the ASEAN region;
- comprehensive insurance cover for the whole duration of the Scholarship. The scholarship recipient is urged to obtain additional insurance prior to his travel to Brunei Darussalam and for the whole duration of the Scholarship at his own expense.
Applications are open to citizens of, but not limited to, ASEAN, Commonwealth and OIC member countries.
The general terms and conditions are as follows:
- Applicants must be, between the ages of 18-25 for Undergraduate and Diploma programmes and must not exceed the age of 35 for Postgraduate Master’s Degree programmes on the 31st July 2021.
- The award is NOT eligible to Brunei Darussalam Permanent Residents.
- This scholarship shall not be held concurrently with any other scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without the prior approval of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. This scholarship may be terminated or revoked immediately should the scholarship recipient be found holding another scholarship, fellowship, grant or loan without prior written approval of the Ministry.
- A scholarship recipient is not encouraged to bring any family members with him for the duration of the Scholarship. No marriage allowance nor child allowance is payable to the scholarship recipient and no accommodation will be provided to any accompanying spouse, child or children.
- A scholarship recipient is not permitted to undertake any paid employment or to serve on the staff of any country’s representative mission in Brunei Darussalam during the duration of the scholarship.
The 2021-22 application form is now available to download. Application forms can be downloaded from the link given below.
- Application forms must be duly completed and endorsed by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the National Focal Point for scholarships of the applicant’s country.
- Applicants are required to also submit a security clearance statement from their National Security Agency(ies)/ Police Station (i.e. a statement/ report certifying that applicants are clear from any civil and criminal charges).
- Completed application forms are to be emailed on: [email protected]
- (NOTE: Maximum size allowed for e-mail and attachment files is 10MB)
- Please take note, all application forms and supporting documents are to be submitted in Word Document / PDF / JPG format (compressed ( .zip ) folder)
- An applicant may be required to appear for an interview at such place(s) as may be determined by the institutions offering the programmes, and to sit a written examination to assess the applicant’s proficiency in the English/ Malay/ Arabic Language (where applicable).
- The Government of Brunei Darussalam reserves the right to reject any applications. The decision on the selection of candidates is final. Any disputes or enquiries pertaining to the decision made will not be entertained. Only successful applicants will be notified via e-mail.
For further enquiries please contact:
- Technical Assistance Division
Department of Administration
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Bandar Seri Begawan BD2710
- Tel: +673 2261177 ext. 310 / 155
Fax: + 673 2261250
E-mail: [email protected]
15 February 2021