CIFAR is hereby invites exceptional early-career researchers from across the natural, biomedical and social sciences and the humanities to join CIFAR AZRIELI Global Scholars Program, our interdisciplinary research programs that address some of the most important questions facing science and humanity.
CIFAR is supported by the governments of Canada, Alberta, British Columbia, Ontario and Quebec as well as international partner organizations, individuals, foundations, and corporations.
CIFAR Azrieli, Canada
MaRS Centre, West Tower, Canada
Scholarship Benefits and Details:
$100,000 over two years.
The CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program includes three core components, each contributing toward the development of tomorrow’s research leaders:
- Participating in a CIFAR Research Program – An Interdisciplinary Network of Fellows
- Strengthening Leadership and Communication Skills
- Increasing Impact Within and Outside of Academia
Some examples of potential leadership opportunities include, but not limited to:
- Leading a research project in collaboration with other CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars or CIFAR Fellows
- Organizing a Winter/Summer School aligned with a CIFAR research program
- Leading or contributing to a knowledge mobilization activity with other CIFAR Fellows
- Discussing research with stakeholders in academia, policy or business to understand different perspectives and influence change
- Writing and publishing an op-ed piece
- Delivering a public lecture
For CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Applicants may be based anywhere in the world
- Applicants must hold a PhD (or equivalent) and be within the first five years of starting a full-time research position at an institution of higher education or research.
- Scholars’ research interests should complement the themes and goals of a recruiting CIFAR research program.
For CIFAR Azrieli Global Scholars program, applicants should follow these steps:
- To create an account, please use the Register If you have an existing account, please use the Log In button. Important Note: Please register or login by providing your first name, last name, email address and a password. Do NOT register or login with Facebook, Twitter or Google.
- Once logged in, please select your purpose from the provided option(s) to proceed to the appropriate submission form.