Applications are now invited for the 2023 Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme, fully funded for foreign students to study in Ireland. Applicants with eligible qualifications are invited to apply within the set application window.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Council. The awards will support suitably qualified research master’s and doctoral candidates pursuing, or intending to pursue, full-time research in any discipline.
Government of Ireland
Higher Institutions in Ireland
Scholarship Benefits and Details:
The value of the scholarship will be up to a maximum of €27,500 per annum in any approved year and will consist of the following:
- a stipend of €18,500 per annum;
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and
- eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
The following are indicative of the eligibility conditions for the 2023 Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme.
- There is no age limit for applicants to be eligible for either programme type.
- All applicants must be affiliated with an eligible Irish higher education institution or research-performing organization.
- Applications will only be accepted in either the Irish or English language
- Applicants must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the relevant programme, including to strategic partner themes. This applies regardless of whether the applicant has changed their host institution or research topic since a previous submission.
Potential applicants should read the call documentation carefully to ascertain whether or not they are eligible to apply. Indicative versions of the applicant and supervisor forms are provided for information purposes only. All participants must create and submit their forms via the online system.
|Call open||16:00 (Irish time) 8 September 2022|
|FAQ deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 13 October 2022|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 20 October 2022|
|Supervisor deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 27 October 2022|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 3 November 2022|
|Call outcome||End of March 2023|
|Award start date||1 September 2023|
Please note that the timings provided here are indicative and may be subject to change.