The Government of Mauritius awards scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or African Commonwealth countries, as per the criteria below. The 2022 application phase of the Government of Mauritius scholarships for Africans is now open.
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting their tuition fees and in contributing to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the scholarship covers a return airfare by the most economical route. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
The Government of Mauritius
Actuarial Science, Architecture and Built Environment, Business and Commerce, Communication and Creative Media, Health Sciences, Hotel and Tourism, International Relations and Humanities, Law, Social Sciences, Psychology and Counselling, Sport.
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting tuition fees and contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the airfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
- For undergraduate programs, applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday by 22 August 2022.
- For Master’s programs, applicants should not have reached 35 years and, for PhD programs, applicants should not have reached 40 years by 22 August 2022.
- Applicants must have already applied for a full-time on-campus program (Diploma, Degree, Master’s or PhD) at a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (listed in Section 8 in the appropriate Guidelines for Applicants) for academic year starting in 2022.
Application for the the Government of Mauritius scholarships to be submitted electronically. The following documents are available for download from the following websites: http://education.govmu.org and http://highereducationmauritius.com
- Guidelines for Applicants: This document contains important information regarding the conditions attached to the scholarship, the application procedure, and a list of public Higher Education Institutions in Mauritius where full-time on-campus studies conducted.
- Application Form (Applicants required to fill in the form electronically before printing): Application for the scholarship can only be made on the application form, duly filled-in. Section 5 of the application form should be endorsed and completed by the Nominating Agency; in the country of citizenship of the applicant.
- Applications, together with supporting documents as required, forwarded to the Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology of the Republic of Mauritius at the address mentioned below, for a final selection:
The Senior Chief Executive, Ministry of Education, Tertiary Education, Science and Technology (Attn: Tertiary Education and Scientific Research Division) Level 2, MITD House, Pont Fer, Phoenix 73544. Republic of Mauritius (Email: [email protected])
28 February 2022 and 15 August 2022