Applications are now open for the University of Cambridge Harding Distinguished Postgraduate Scholars Programme (HDPSP) 2022. At least 25 PhD students will receive a prestigious Harding Distinguished Postgraduate Scholarship annually creating a cohort of the strongest PhD students in any given year across a diverse range of subject areas.
The aim of the Harding Distinguished Postgraduate Scholars Programme (HDPSP) is to support academically outstanding University of Cambridge PhD students from any part of the world, and in any discipline, to contribute to society by producing intellectually rigorous research which makes a positive difference to the academic community and beyond.
University of Cambridge
A Harding Distinguished Postgraduate Scholarship covers the following costs for PhD students:
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate for the duration of your course
- Maintenance allowance (living costs) of £18,000 per year for the duration of your course, with the option to request maintenance funding during the 12 month writing-up period, should this be required
- Personal research allowance (for expenditure on personal research expenses and research-related activities, for example, books and conference attendance) of up to £6,000 over the duration of your course
- Cost of an inbound student visa and the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge (for the duration of the visa granted), as applicable for international students
- Candidates applying to pursue a full-time or part-time PhD course of study at the University of Cambridge.
- Candidates applying for a PhD via a fully integrated MRes + PhD (1+3) route are also eligible.
- The Scholarships are open to PhD students in any discipline.
- The Scholarships can be held at 23 eligible Colleges of the University of Cambridge.
You can apply for admission to a PhD course; a College place and various sources of funding (including a Harding Distinguished Postgraduate Scholarship) via the University’s online Applicant Portal (link below). To be considered for a Harding Distinguished Postgraduate Scholarship you must:
- Tick the box in the ‘Funding your Study’ section in the Applicant Portal indicating that you wish to apply for funding.
- Complete the ‘Harding’ section in the Applicant Portal by submitting a personal statement describing how you believe you fit with the three values of the HDPSP.
- Apply by the funding deadline for your course.
- Assessed as academically excellent by the Department or Faculty to which you have applied.
6 January 2022